CO&PO came to see me

by GermanXJW 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• teejay
    teejay

GJW,

Sorry for your experience with the CO, especially the part about you not being very active at the end. They seldom pass up the chance to hit below the belt.

I guess everyone's experience is the same. I was raised a JW and still have many friends and family who are JWs. I started to question about ten years ago and when I was convinced, I lost all fear and guilty. They are powerless over me. I'd really love a shepherding call, but they haven't been by here in years, and my wife is a very active dub.

Anyway, you have no need to feel guilty about anything since you didn't do anything wrong. It may take a while longer, but it gets better. Promise.

Peace,
    tj

• JanH
    JanH

GermanJW,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the uber-elders. Yes, I do remember you as a JW apologist on H2O. Some (not many) will remember that some years previously, I was one on Usenet. You've come a long way, so have I. It seems from your remarks on religion that our roads have coincided.

It really sucks if you lose "friends" and family. I hope you've built a network outside the dubs in the last years. If not, you should.

Take care & good luck!

- Jan
    --

• ISP
    ISP

Hey, whatever happens...you are better off now! I hope you escape judicial action though.

ISP

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

GJW and Gwendolyn,

This seems to be the standard approach. In their eyes you have rejected Jehovah because of not wishing to be at 'His' Kingdom Hall. That's the mindset.

Many, many, many times we have the expressions about turning away from Jehovah or being spiritually weak. Nothing could be further from the truth,in fact Mrs Ozzie and I aremore determined now tolive a Christian life than wehave ever been and we are becoming more dependent on the Bible itself than we ever had in 50years as Witnesses.

Interestingly the approach of the C.O.visit seems to spur the local elders into action and visit those who have 'strayed'.

Standard approach: You are weak, they are right, therfore youmust be guilty and their aim is to make you feel guilt.

That's why, GJW, youcome away fromsuch an encounter feeling bad.AsRandy hasshown wellanumber of times in publications etc it's all part of the mind-control of a cult.

Recognise it for what it is. You've had the 'flu, you feel bad, but soon you'll be better!

BTW just as you see that the WTS does not equal Jehovah, be aware that you don't have to discard all your beliefs.

Gwendolyn (what a lovely name!),welcome aboard. Please let's 'hear' from you often! You can help others,too!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Flip
    Flip
    ”…this "shepherding call" really helped me to make a decision.
    “…Unfortunately for them, I don't think it is the decision they wanted! They really should look at revamping their methods of encouragement if they want them to work!”

Gwen’, Perhaps their methods worked all too well.

Have you ever considered their agenda was to feel out your motives in the attempt to assess your possible negative affect on the remaining congregation you might come in contact with?

In doing so their visit served only as a pre-emptive assessment as a possible means to ‘mark’, or quarantine you from any Jehovah’s Witnesses you might influence with your un-cooperative attitude.

One of the most important activities that assures a profitable corporation is absolute adherence, by Jehovah’s Witnesses, to prescribed appearances of cooperation. Any deviation will not be tolerated too close to ‘home’.

This process has served the organization well for many years, and they’re very good at ‘making sure of all things’ that impact the corporation.

Just remember…don’t take what the organization does too personally, it’s only business.

Flip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit