DF'ed JW dies, family regrets shunning

by MinisterAmos 17 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Proves they have no love, the identifying mark of true Christians. JW's are harsh, cold, judgmental.

• asilentone
    asilentone

dinah, well I know one guy that was df'd for 20 years and he got reinstated, as far as I know he is still in the org and there is another guy that was df'd in 1935, he was df'd for 40 years, you know why he came back? Get a clue. He was an elder in the 1980's, he did conducted the WT for several years at the KH. He died in early 1990's. He was an elder til his death.

• dozy
    dozy

Very sad to hear the story - the WTBTS has messed up so many families.

You can be sure that the elder who wishes to conduct the funeral in the KH will not be allowed - a KH funeral given by an elder for a DF one is absolutely forbidden by the society.

km3/97p.7QuestionBox

When the congregation is called upon to assist in arranging for af uneral ,the following questions may arise:

What if the deceased was disfellowshipped? The congregation would generally not be involved. The Kingdom Hall would not be used. If the person had been giving evidence of repentance and manifesting a desire to be reinstated, a brother’s conscience might allow him to give a Bible talk at the funeral home or graveside, to give a witness to unbelievers and to comfort the relatives. Before making this decision, however, it would be wise for the brother to consult with the body of elders and give consideration to what they may recommend. In situations where it would not be wise for that brother to be involved, it may be appropriate for a brother who is a member of the deceased person’s family to give a talk to console the relatives.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    to give a witness to unbelievers and to comfort the relatives

Yea I'm sure a 45 minute recruiting public talk mentioning the deceased for around 60 seconds will bring great comfort to everyone.

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

Since the teaching of JW is that death absolves sin I wonder why they don't let disfellowshipped people have funeral in KH.

Stupid rulemaking, I hate it

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Since the teaching of JW is that death absolves sin I wonder why they don't let disfellowshipped people have funeral in KH.

According to JW doctrine, it doesn't apply to folks that are DF'd at death as their fate is already sealed. Yep, they just make the rules up as they go along.

• zoiks
    zoiks

How awful. I hope that she had a good and happy life. Shame on the hypocrites.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It would be absurd to have a funeral somewhere that shunned that person while they were alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit