Snow in UK stops meetings!

by fokyc 20 Replies latest jw friends

• fokyc
    fokyc

Most congregations in this area had NO meeting last Thursday,

they have now cancelled tomorrows meetings

Perhaps snow is worse than the internet!

fokyc

• spawn
    spawn

can't they use the phone loop system or is that too much trouble, just means that everyone with a morning meeting can now get to the pub that bit earlier.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well, it's not like they are delivering the mail.

hmmm....wonder when WT will be once a month...subscription by mail only?

• fokyc
    fokyc

spawn said, "can't they use the phone loop system?"

Technology frightens the elders in my wife's cong. Even the pipes in the KH are frozen

Frost protection might cost too much; only 2 lines for phone link,

then disconnect after an hour and dial for new connection as it's cheaper.

fokyc

• nugget
    nugget

Ours is cancelled tomorrow.

• Tea drinker
    Tea drinker

Yeah don't I know it. It was cancelled on Thursday and is cancelled tomorrow.

Witness family being home will certainly hinder my apostate research. Why could this never happen before I decided to fade? All my prayers for meetings to be cancelled in previous harsh winters went unanswered but as soon as I stop going they can't wait to cancel them.

At least nobody in my home has blamed the weather on Satan....yet. That would really push me over the edge tonight.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Satan did it....

• Tea drinker
    Tea drinker

Thank you Sad emo

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Some congregations in the Glasgow area have cancelled meetings and ministry.

It has been sub zero in Glasgow for about 3 weeks - day and night. Lots of snow and ice.

Bet the rank and file were gutted they had to stay in and watch telly instead.

• Opus92
    Opus92

I'm so jealous. Nothing ever stopped our meetings. Still, I'm thrilled for the UK R&F. Finally -- a day off!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit