FORMER-JW/COMEDIAN on TV Tonight 10pm EST-TBN

by abbagail 9 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Even though this particular show with Tim Conway was taped a year ago, I only saw it about a month ago, and they are repeating it tonight, Friday 1/8/10, 10pm EST.

It is 2 hours of different Comedians and a few of the guys joke about the JW's, one of them having been a former JW. It was hilarious.

I forget at which point during the 2 hours the guys start joking about the JWs, so you'll have to watch the whole thing.

It is TBN's "Praise the Lord" program which airs at 10pm EST tonight.

If you miss it tonight, it will be in the TBN video archives eventually: http://www.tbn.org/watch-us/archives

Some tech saavy person should tape it and put up the JW portions at youtube.

Below is the snip from the daily TBN email about tonight's program... (not sure it will show up after posting, but it is showing up now)...

Your Destiny | Watch Us | About Us | Store | Donate | Announcements | TBN Films
    "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

Tonight on Praise the Lord
    January 8, 2010
    7pm PT

Paul Crouch, Jr.Tim ConwayJohn W. Gray, IIILamont Bonman

On TBN Tonight...You are a Part of the World's Largest Prayer & Praise Gathering!

Joining us from Costa Mesa, CA are... our host, Paul Crouch, Jr. and his guests, Tim Conway, Michael, Jr., John Gray, Victoria Jackson, Lamont Bonman, Bone, Steve Harvey & Louise DuArt present a Christmas Comedy Praise.
    No local taping. Program airs at 7:00 pm PT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy the laughs! These guys were really very funny.

/ag

• Gayle
    Gayle

I hope it can be taped somehow.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Yeah, it would be good if some video whiz could tape the part where they joke about the JWs. They were telling of being JW kids without Christmas, too, lol.

One of the guys, I think it's the black guy with braids, I think he's the one who was a JW but left. He gives his testimony about that.

• blondie
    blondie

Too bad, I don't get TBN on Directv

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

My TBN Guide is not showing anything about comedians for tonight's "Praise the Lord" program.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi Investigator, even the TBN.org website's TV Schedule does not give specifics about the "Praise the Lord" program every night. It just gives a general description.

But the TBN daily email updates DO describe who will be on each night's program, and that is what I posted above, straight from their email, the info for tonight's program says:

Joining us from Costa Mesa, CA are... our host, Paul Crouch, Jr. and his guests, Tim Conway, Michael, Jr., John Gray, Victoria Jackson, Lamont Bonman, Bone, Steve Harvey & Louise DuArt present a Christmas Comedy Praise.

In addition to the email update, they have been talking about it all week on their "Behind The Scenes" program, that they would re-air the Comedy program tonight.

And Blondie, sorry about that! :(

• booby
    booby

http://www.tbn.org/video_portal/

you should be able to stream it from here, but not till tomorrow, I think

• abbagail
    abbagail

The exJW comedian was on in the 2nd half of the 2-hour show. His name is Lamont Bonman (wearing a white parka type jacket) . He mentioned the JWs the first time at 11:05pm (counting from beginning of the program at 10pm). Then at 11:13pm through 11:20pm, he gave his former-JW testimony, described the 1975 Armageddon scare, and that when that "blew over"' and nothing happened, that sent him searching to see what else the JWs were wrong about (all the other failed predictions, etc). And that's what sent him out away from the JWs.

Earlier in the show, another guy joked re the JWs. Paul Crouch, Jr. had asked him, What was Christmas like for you growing up? And the guy had said, It was a Disaster! He said his mother was a JW and his father was a Baptist, but at Christmas, his father converted to JW to save money, lol, so they didn't have much of a Christmas.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Many thanks for posting!

Some funny jokes for sure plus Lamont's life story is awesome.

Go here http://www.tbn.org/video_portal/ and hit search videos and enter "Christmas Comedy" to find it.

Start around 1hr and 3mins if you want to cut to the chase.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks! I just went and watched the video and the whole thing was enjoyable. Lamont Bonman's comedy was good and his testimony was thrilling!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit