Deplorable Website Promotion

by HBH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My sibling’s mother in law died recently, and there was a condolence posted with the BORG website. I googled the name of the poster, and found the same condolence on 100s of funeral home websites!!!

.....................Image result for jehovah witness logo

......Image result for disgusting behaviour font

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Vultures!!!!!!
  • Watchtower-Free
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Insensitive indeed!

It is similar to the way witnesses go into a disaster area to "offer the bible's comforting message" of hope...

Like a person who has had a storm rip through their community and kill their loved ones, wants a leaflet telling them there will be a fairy tale paradise in some distant future time!!!!!

• cleanideas
    cleanideas
    This makes me so sick! But this type of thing isn't new. Back a good 17 years ago there was a crazed old lady JW who would send a letter to everyone's family in the obituaries with a tract. That's how she counted her time because she was too old to physically go knock on doors. Even then I thought it in bad taste and I was still a true believer. I can't imagine how easy it must be to count time now. Just write a few sentences and then go spam random websites with a cut and paste. Ugh. Glad to be out of the madness.
  • Splash
    Splash

They are only adhering to official JW policy.

*** km 4/08 p. 8 par. 4 Comfort the Mourning Ones ***
    Some funeral homes have appreciated having some appropriate literature on hand for grieving families. At times, funeral notices appearing in the newspaper have opened the way for writing a brief comforting letter to bereaved family members.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Some funeral homes have appreciated having some appropriate literature on hand for grieving families. At times, funeral notices appearing in the newspaper have opened the way for writing a brief comforting letter to bereaved family members.

The sickening bit of this, is that this isn't written in a way that can be constructed as an instruction from the WTS. It just sanctions the practice by talking about it in a favorable way. This is the equivalent to a green light "go" to most Witnesses. The insidious nature of the WTS is disgusting.

Eden

• dozy
    dozy
    It does seem a bit insensitive. Cut & paste witnessing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit