The Flip Side of Jesus: Mean, Mad, Murderous

by cameo-d 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Here is another twisting and tweaking which will render new concepts and changes. It appears to me that religion is setting things up to bring in even more Pharisical iron-fisted laws. From what I have read in the past, the Noahide Laws will be the new vogue in "new system".

quote:

This word "testament" as a description of our present spiritual realm is the heritage that we have inherited from Rome, for it has come our way, due to the use of the word "testament" in the Latin Vulgate. The word gives the wrong impression of "receiving only." It contributes to the erroneous teachings of "only believe," "grace only," "good works are unnecessary," "love only." The doctrine of "only believe" is the fruit of the work of the "spirit that works in the sons of disobedience," the spirit in the Man of Lawlessness who instituted this "no-law-religion," the Great Apostasy, the Mystery of Lawlessness.

----------------

"...the "no law" religion"???

That is an understatement. Religion is made up of so many man made laws, statutes, observations, unspoken rules, and even more are made up as it goes along!

Can you see how this could be setting the stage for "love is not enough" "do more, do more, do more" and continual penance?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Is Jesus starting to sound a little schizophrenic yet? A bit heavy handed on the manipulating through guilt and loyalty?

This isn't new....

This Jesus character is recorded in two books of the Bible as vandalising a fig tree for reasons that make absolutely no sense to me at all.

I have mentioned this stupidity a couple of times on this forum and the only attempt anyone had at explaining his actions completely ignored grammar and context.

Cheers

Chris

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

He was a passionate anarchist who was not above getting really pissed.

That does not rule out the possibility he still had quite a handle on the Divine, and there is much to learn from him (including anger management.)

Personally, I question whether Jesus even existed. Regardless, most of what has been written about him was written a lifetime after his death, by people who did not even know him. It is difficult for me to take any of the bible literally, including the "direct quotes" of the man Jesus.

• agonus
    agonus

The genius of Jesus, his preternatural appeal and charisma, is that he's so profoundly... human.

Who hasn't in a fit of passion said something they regretted, then later apologized, revealing their true, loving nature?

I think if Jesus was the total peace-love-pass-the-doobie-man hippie many have made him out to be, he might be much less interesting.

Aren't there some people you'd just love to see on the receiving end of a celestial ass-kicking by Action Figure Christ, complete with whip-of-ropes accessory?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit