Do JWs women use Birth Control?

by Mr. Monday Night 24 Replies latest jw friends

• hereiam!
    hereiam!

Yeah they make it pretty hard for you to feel ok about your choice of BC and THEN proceed to guilt you into not having kids at all. Go figure.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Birth Control that works after fertilization has taken place is not allowed.

Question: How Does the Birth Control Pill Work? Answer: Birth control pills, or oral contraceptives, contain hormones that suppress ovulation. During ovulation an egg is released from the ovaries, without ovulation there is no egg to be fertilized and pregnancy cannot occur. There are 2 types of birth control pills -- the combined pill and the Minipill. The combined pill contains both estrogen and progestin, while the Minipill contains only progestin.

The progestin in the Minipill may prevent ovulation; however it may not do this reliably each month. The Minipill works further by thickening the mucous around the cervix and preventing sperm from entering the uterus. The lining of the uterus is also affected in a way that prevents fertilized eggs from implanting into the wall of the uterus. The Minipill is taken every day. You may not have a period while taking the Minipill, if you do have periods that means you are still ovulating and your risk for pregnancy occuring is greater.

Combination birth control pills come in either 21 or 28-day packs. You take one pill each day at the same time for 21 days. If you have a 21-day pack, you stop taking birth control pills for 7 days at the end of the pack. If you are taking a 28-day pack, you continue taking pills every day, the last 7 non-hormonal pills serve as a reminder to help you remember to take your pill at the same time every day. Your period will occur during the week you take the 7 reminder pills.

http://womenshealth.about.com/od/thepill/f/howpillworks.htm

Taking the pill (or I should say the Mini pill) does not mean that an egg cannot be fertilized. It's is possible and some birth control pills are designed to make the uterus lining inhospitable for egg implantation. But from the little bit of research I've just done about 1/3 to 1/2 of fertilized eggs don't implant at all.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My former spouse used the pill. Not sure why since we weren't doing anything. Maybe she was getting it elsewhere.

W

• Diva
    Diva

I fell pregnant whilst on the pill - go figure.

• pirata
    pirata
    Taking the pill (or I should say the Mini pill) does not mean that an egg cannot be fertilized. It's is possible and some birth control pills are designed to make the uterus lining inhospitable for egg implantation. But from the little bit of research I've just done about 1/3 to 1/2 of fertilized eggs don't implant at all.

Good point. But so far this has been officially ignored (or overlooked?) by the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit