I have changed sides

by AK - Jeff 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If "the truth sets you free" then it is a long rollercoaster road to freedom.

And then you question whether knowing is more of a burden instead of freedom.

Sometimes you look back, and, like Lot's wife, you taste the salty tears and lament wasted years, or those you could not get to come with you.

But also in looking back, you begin to realize your progress which has become mind expanding and empowering.

• zagor
    zagor

yup, your education is complete young jedi. It takes time to systematically work it all out. Welcome to "dark side". ;)

Don't worry we all had our moment of epiphany, the eureka moment, when suddenly everything became clear

Cheers

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It is nice to share the company of so great a crowd of free-minded ladies and gentlemen. I'm glad each of you is here.

http://www.cafepress.com/xjwu

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s unlikely you changed sides..

It`s more likely,you found yourself..

.......................OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

Wonderful post Moshe!Great response.

I love the title of one of the most compelling books I've read in recent years: Christopher Hitchen's God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything.

Seeing religious belief for what it is - fairy tales for adults - is a sign that you are growing up: Learning to take responsibility for your own life rather than hanging out for some supernatural being to rescue you from living life in the present moment...and hoping like hell your group is the "right"one.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Moshe. I will have more time later to read that more completely. NN - I have the hat to match the T. Steve2 - I might look around for that book.

'Changing Sides' might have been an incorrect way to state it as some have posted. Still, point is made I think.

Peace to all

Jeff

• changeling
    changeling

I hear you Jeff. I'm there too. :)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Rats. When I read the thread title, I thought I'd get to make a smart-aleck remark about "Red Rover, Red Rover, Send AK-Jeff Right Over!!"

(You people remember that childhood game, don't you???)

And I pick Flipper, AllTimeJeff, Baba Yaga, CoCo, and maybe Mouthy - wait, AwSnap, Gary Neal, and maybe Oompa too - for my side!!! [and many, many more... if they'll have me??]

Anyway, congrats, Jeff, on changing sides. Though I like to think of it as adding 'facets', in the sense of a rough gemstone being polished into a gem...

Zid

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

As long as your happy Bro, I am happy for you.

Even if you are gay.

And yes, I know Jeff is NOT Gay, it was a "changing sides" joke.

• Lease
    Lease

jeff,

i am going through the same mental process.

i think shedding the beliefs we thought were true is part of growing aware.

lease

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit