I have changed sides

by AK - Jeff 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Almost imperceptible over time in some areas.

Almost everything I ever believed, I have proven to be false. Almost every bit of my deep seated faith is uprooted by reason.

I am not bitter. But I am quite reflective these days of how much I have changed. Though God is not much in the picture now - perhaps not at all - I am a better person for it.

Interesting.

Peace

Jeff

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Thanks for sharing Jeff..I hope this thought will find others here.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good for you Jeff, and thanks for sharing, hope may others will read and follow

• nugget
    nugget

It's always disconcerting to loose hold of firm beliefs. I remember the Simpson cartoon where Lisa sends the barbeque pig rolling down the road and Homer chases after it saying "It's still good" Only when it falls in the river and floats away completely does he admit that it is not still good.

I'm still chasing the pig but I'm running out of breath.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

BELIEVE NOTHING, QUESTION EVERYTHING, THE DAY YOU BELIEVE SOMETHING IS DAY YOU STOP QUESTIONING

• caliber
    caliber

Some time back a posted explained why definite words like "never or always " are best not used. Time has a way of changing ones view

of things !!!

• darthfader
    darthfader

Ak Jeff, I am in the same boat... I think that boat is getting pretty full. Maybe it's time to upgrade to a cruise ship

Darth Fader

• 38wastedyears
    38wastedyears

I could have written that almost word for word...it's interesting, huh?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Am I the only one who thought of a seinfield episode?

Good for you tho Me too!

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I feel exactly the same. At first, changing sides felt like a leap in the dark, losing many of my dearest friends. But now I realize I have a much more diverse social network, including people from various religions backgrounds, atheists and non-believers.

It's stunning how our flexible brain allows us to undo years of being programmed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit