The new "Find a Brother" arrangement - I went to the meeting for the first time in months tonight

by slimboyfat 28 Replies latest jw friends

• logic
    logic

In this day and age and in the united states you would have to be and idiot to go to the

door and ask a woman if the man of the house is in.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It must be a local thing. I'm still in pretty deep and have never heard the expression.

• TD
    TD
    ....and they never left me feeling either "vivacious or efficacious"

LOL. Most of the JW's I knew would cringe when they had to sing words like that.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

I thought that hamilcarr was exaggerating, but then I came across this quote from the article Meet the Challenge of Witnessing to Men (km 8/09), " In the house-to-house ministry, especially in territory that is worked frequently, brothers might on occasion ask to speak with the man of the house."

• sir82
    sir82
    ....and they never left me feeling either "vivacious or efficacious"
    LOL. Most of the JW's I knew would cringe when they had to sing words like that.

Heh. Nothing like that song with the lyric...

"...our calls for succor he quickly will hear..."

There would be an audible 10 decibel drop for the word "succor". JW programming won't let them sing anything that sounds even vaguely obscene ("succor? sucker? Why would I call for someone to suck m-...yipes! better just not sing it...")

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Plus those bees that were always being molested have apparently been put out of their misery.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

So I am wondering if this is:

Find a Brother

find a brother

or

Find a Brother?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Why does this remind me of the scavenger hunt in "My Man Godfrey"??? Finding a 'lost' man??? Zid

• dissed
    dissed

It was discussed earlier on the forum that there was a great need for brothers to reach out since the ranks have been thoroughly depleted. The Elders were to target unbelieving husbands of JW sisters and recruit them.

Could this where this started and the local PO has coined his own term or a CO calling it this way or did the PO's learn this in their updated training at Patterson?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit