An old friend of mine was deleted as an elder... you're gonna love why!

by JimmyPage 27 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

I hope being treated like that has woke him up.

I remember years a go some part on one of the meeting where it was discussed whether it was alright to stop and help someone who's car had broken down on the highway if you knew that they were a df'd jw.... Idiots!!! The Watchtower causes you to lose your ability to think and act like a human being. Everything you think and do has to be filtered through the warped teachings of the WBTS.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

JWoods.................

I was removed because I was "not conducting a family study as often enough as the body felt I should have". They believed that if you conducted a family study often enough, you wouldn't have family problems. If you did, you weren't conducting it " often enough".

The CO disagreed with the body but it didn't matter. They were ruthless and vindictive and wanted me out. The CO was powerless.

So don't kid yourself. If you get in the wrong situation, and a BOE is lopsided in power, you're toast.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Jimmie Page, you say he's your friend?? So, he's relatively o-k with you visiting 'open-minded' sites like this one? That indicates he's maintained a decent amount of autonomy...

I haven't read your background or story, but if you're fading yourself, I'm sure you've already done this... Just going to mention it, anyway... Your support of his righteous actions will hopefully go a LOONG way towards helping him begin a slow fade of his own... [yes, I love using JW buzz-phrases and turning them against the WTBTS - in other words, using them the way they SHOULD be used...] Zid

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hopefully, they will start running critically short of hounders and assistant hounders. They throw out the ones they have with bulls*** like this, and others see what goes on and refuse to step up. Then, the hounder-hounder shows up and beats up on the few remaining hounders, and they all decide that this is not for them. Result: The whole congregation breaks down, and eventually every single person in it becomes apostate.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Perhaps they should re-read the account of the Good Samaritan. Oh my God, help a non believer after the "believers" abanded him? How Satanic

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Bottom line: If the other elders on the body want someone deleted-they can pretty much find a reason to have it done.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

An elder in the cong I used to attend had to 'step down' because his daughter (who was DF'd) was in dire need of a place to LIVE...after being assaulted by her husband. They told him that IF he were to have her move in with him he would HAVE to give up his position as an elder. I personally think that's SICKENING!!!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Many years ago (late 80s), I had an extended family relative, elder, who had a daughter (with a little child) who had been married, divorced, disfellowshipped, became homeless. He got her a mobile home, she moved in but the place needed a lot of work so he was busy over there renovating a lot. He was an honest guy and told several about his project and he wasn't one to "not talk " to his daughter then. He had to "step down" for helping his own daughter. I told extended family members how proud I was of him for that and I received 'dagger eyes.'

Ironically, on another thread, the discussion is about trying to get "brothers" back to the congregation and how there is such a need for elders.

The WTS gets their members in a "vice" and suck the good "spirit" right out of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit