I "HATE" Country Music...

by Quirky1 41 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

southern rock sucks. leanard skinnard is the most overplayed band in the history of time, followed by don mclean

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I wanna here some Audioslave, Nirvana, AC/DC Alice in Chains, etc...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I wanna here some Audioslave, Nirvana, AC/DC Alice in Chains, etc...

See, i dont know how you can lump in Audioslave with the rest... i just cant take it, i better remove myself from the room now

• changeling
    changeling

I'm with you Quirky1. :)

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Hey, Chris Cornell is EXCELLENT!!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Farkel,

I had to laugh when I read your post:

Many years ago my piano mentor wanted me to learn to play some Bela Bartok music. I told her I HATED Bartok. She said, "you don't hate it. You just don't understand it." I learned to played it and learned to love it. From that day forward I resolved never to hate any kind of music I didn't understand.

That epiphany aside, I do understand Country music. But I still HATE IT!

I hated Bela Bartok, had to learn it, and I still HATE IT! (how to turn the piano into a hideous instrument) imo.

I have come to like some country music after many years of hating it and adore bluegrass especially Allison Krauss.

Sorry Quirky, here's a country song that makes me laugh....reminds me of the days my dad was an elder and I was out with the guy I am now married to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TboFZCptbqU&feature=related

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Hey, I'm not knockin Allison Kraus..she done a great album with Robert Plant. I can handle many genres of music but I just CAN'T handle country!!

• undercover
    undercover
    Then, of course, there's David Allen Coe...

Try some Hank III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6B-X6EEiHE

• zagor
  • I quit!
    I quit!

I like some of the old stuff where they actually sang about cowboy things like: Don't Fence Me In and Ghost Riders in the Sky. Now most of what I hear is what I would classify as nasal twang music.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit