I "HATE" Country Music...

by Quirky1 41 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Is Johnny Cash country? Because he is awesome.

Johnny Cash is Folk, which is Country's cousin.

• undercover
    undercover

Johnny Cash started out in RocknRoll....50s style that is. (and country and R&B are the parents of rocknroll). He toured with Elvis, Buddy Holly and Jerry Lee Lewis. As rocknroll changed, Johnny became country but not always traditional. That's why he fit in with the other Outlaws such as Waylen and Willie.

I preferred rock over country music as a kid but as I got older I started to appreciate 'real' country music, though my tastes still run towards outlaw country, cowpunk and alt country.

I still HATE modern Nashville BS country music. It's pop shit with a banjo, mandolin and pedal steel guitar added. That and a cowboy hat does NOT make it country.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Hopefully, some rappers, or better yet, some Spanish radio conglomerate buys the station and you are forced to listen to THAT garbage all day long.

Judge Dread

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Twang!! Twang!! Twang!!

• DJK
    DJK

There is no radio reception inside my workplace. I have speakers connected to the computer so I connect to a radio station via internet. Just google a radio staion like this....97.5 WOKQ... If they have the station connected to the internet they will show a tab to click. Then I minimise the page and go about my business.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

We used to do that but the IT dept. eliminated streaming..

• undercover
    undercover
    We used to do that but the IT dept. eliminated streaming..

Same here...but we beat that.

Connect your PC speakers (or bring in a set) to your iphone/ipod/droid and stream through it...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Then, of course, there's David Allen Coe...

W

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

Most country does suck...

Is Leonard Skynard (spell??) considered "Country"? I am listening to 'free bird' now and it rocks

• journey-on
    journey-on

Lynyrd Skynyrd is considered Southern Rock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit