Enjoy it.........Daniel Sydlik telling us to get back at "Jehovah's table"

by sspo 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

This guy loses me in the first frickin' sentence!

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    The Bible says she was so good looking that her own brother raped her

Aww that's nice, glad to see the rapist still got to sit at the King's table, Jehovah must have approved of that rape too!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I REALLY hate talks like that - always have, always will. Hopefully I 'll never have to suffer one again.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Sydlik is dead, just in case anyone forgot.

• sspo
    sspo

Thanks otwo for breaking it up!!!!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Could not make it all the way through, but two thoughts arose:

1) Why did David have to find someone specific to offer kindness to? Could he not give undeserved kindness to, like, everyone?

2) We're supposed to take it for granted that we are "messed up" at birth. Frankly, I know exactly who and what messed me up, and it had nothing to do with Adamic sin.

• Mary
    Mary

You see we are all crippled brothers ... Adam and Eve dropped everyone of us

I think Sydlik was dropped on his head..............What a boring bunch of bullshit.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

From what I have heard Daniel Sydlik was one of the more decent members of the governing body and someone who cared a lot more about people than many of the others. However, this talk is disgusting.

Then the next person comes in. It's a cripple! IN WALKS A CRIPPLE! With all of this beauty at the table, in walks a cripple!!! He told us we are all crippled brothers. Adam and Eve dropped every one of us... we are all crippled......... We are all messed up.

How very cruel to talk about a paralyzed person using such a demeaning word. I don't look down on those with physical handicaps and I certainly don't think that they should be considered of less value than other people.

David, and by extension Jehovah, is made to seem especially magnanimous for not discriminating against someone with a debilitating condition that is completely out of their control. But, isn't this the very least a decent person can do? This seems to me to be like praising someone for not being racist or sexist.

The Bible says she was so good looking that her own brother raped her...

What?!?! Amnon raped his sister simply because she was so beautiful? So, it wasn't his fault, she was just too beautiful not to be raped. What an outrageous and revolting thing to say!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

When was this talk given for pity's sake?? Must be very old.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i was at bethel wkl when he gave it ... circa 96-97

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit