Is Jehovah a "Spirit"?

by cameo-d 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

NWT Isaiah 40:13, 26, and 29 says "Who has taken the proportions of the spirit of Jehovah...Raise YOUR eyes high up and see who has created these things...Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power...He is giving to the tired one power, and to the one without dynamic energy he makes full might abound."

Psalms 36:9 "For with you is the source of life, By light from you we can see light."

1 John 4:8 "God is love."

My understanding from these scriptures is that God is an ABUNDANT DYNAMIC ENERGY SOURCE of LIFE, and I think most scientists including Einstein and Michio Kaku (who was mentioned recently on this site) would not argue too much with that. These two men recognised the beauty that this source has produced, but the Bible also adds that this SOURCE is a LOVING SPIRIT.

We are also from this SOURCE of ENERGY and are ENERGY BEINGS, which to me is the same as saying that we have the SPIRIT of LIFE, and INSPIRATION EMPOWERS US. We speak of having bursts of energy, being fired up with spirit and all sorts of related expressions.

I don't know if I am making any sense. I no longer believe the Bible is the whole truth but I do believe there is a lot of truth in it and these expressions have the ring of truth to me.

• choosing life
    choosing life

There have to be many things we have little knowledge about in this immense universe. Understanding life in other dimensions is not possible when we have no experience with such places.

To think that this little earth is THE only and most important place in the universe is foolish. "Spirits" is a term that means different things to people. Is God a spirit? I don't know, but I do believe we will find out.

I look forward to finding out.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

As touching the 'Spirit which was brooding upon the face of the waters 1 ,' some men have ignorantly imagined it to have been the Holy Spirit 2 , while others have more correctly thought it to have been this air (of ours).

(from Book of the Bee)

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/bb/bb03.htm

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

a spirit is mind created ... it is whatever you want it to be

• dogon
    dogon

God is a myth made up or created by man to explain to unsophisticated minds how things work in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit