Brother "Prince" not happy with "Black eyed peas" swearing at his house! Praise JAH!!

by Witness 007 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I predict this will go the way of Dylan's born-again Christianity...

• watson
    watson

I had heard it somewhere that Prince lost a child and that was what "opened him up to the truth." Anything to this?

• megaflower
    megaflower

Yes, that is the story. His bass player is a JW and studied with Prince. The catylist was the child and I also heard his mother wanted him to be one too.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Why should Prince be worried about shit when he's so full of it?

Farkel

• Satanus
    Satanus

Prince swallows a camel and chokes on a gnat.

S

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

But its ok to wear High heels like a woman does. Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!

• african GB Member
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

Do you like my new religiosity......ouu oouu ya yaaa

• cheerios
    cheerios

you guys have it all wrong ...

sounds like he's trying out for the gubberning band of perverts body

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, he has to expect that. Not for recent material, but because he is famous for introducing swearing to mainstream music. The 1999 album has the F word in "Let's Pretend We're Married". Purple Rain was so filthy (a mainstream album) that it sparked the Parental Advisory labels. Religious leaders wanted it outright banned, but the RIAA wanted the freedom to put out music with swearing. They compromised by allowing swearing in the music, but there would be a warning label on records with swearing or graphic art.

I have seen other Prince works that have "dirty" material. The song Raspberry Beret is very sexually suggestive, though it lacks swearing. Music from 1986 and 1987 by Prince also contains dirty material. Prince's 1988 work features explicit artwork. His 1992 album also has the F word. So, he really needs to expect that people are going to remember him as the pioneer of swearing in mainstream music, since he is the one that first got us those explicit content warnings on records.

However, that doesn't mean his recent or current music is dirty. I would say he has cleaned up (and blah-ified) his music, and anyone that was a fan of Prince before around 1995 will be very disappointed with his current music. But, anyone that puked when hearing his filthy music before might wish to give his post-1999 material a listen. There is no comparison between the two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit