Speaking of Buddhism

by beksbks 25 Replies latest social current

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Just another talking asshole on the 24 hour talking asshole station. Sheeeshhh.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sooner,

Yabbut: I thought Brit was supposed to represent the "straight news" part of Fox and rather than a part of the Hannity / Beck / O'Reilly "reactionary comment" wing of the network.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Gopher, if that was straight I shudder to think about what the "reactionaries" would say.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Preaching of any kind has no business on a news channel. That's not a problem with the rest of the mainstream news channels, though. They are mostly secular humanists.

Farkel

• beksbks
    beksbks
    That's not a problem with the rest of the mainstream news channels, though. They are mostly secular humanists.
    Farkel

Are they?

• poppers
    poppers

Bleh. Sanctimonious POS.

Well said. Who the heck does he think he is? This is what upsets me about organized religion, especially Christianity. Had Hume been born in Saudi Arabia he'd probably be strapping a bomb to his vest.

• awildflower
    awildflower

When I heard this on tv the first thing that came to my mind was 'ignorance'. This is the problem with those who wear the title, "Christian". They think they are superior and that they have a monopoly on 'God' and yet there's only about a billion Christians on earth! So I ask my Christian friend one day, "what are you planning to do with the other 6 billion people on the planet?" It's ignorance because they haven't broadened their minds to consider that everyone has their 'God' or Source, everyone has their own 'Holy Book'. I'm just ranting on I guess but in all of my research and IMHO, Christianity is the WORST on earth. The religion, not Jesus. Anyways............wf

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I'm just ranting on I guess but in all of my research and IMHO, Christianity is the WORST on earth.

You're joking, right? That's precisely the sort of statement you just finished calling ignorant.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    You're joking, right? That's precisely the sort of statement you just finished calling ignorant.

Actually it wouldn't be Doe. Because she is familiar with Christians. She's well versed on the group she's slamming. That's the difference.

It's ignorance because they haven't broadened their minds to consider that everyone has their 'God' or Source, everyone has their own 'Holy Book'.
  • John Doe
    John Doe
    Actually it wouldn't be Doe. Because she is familiar with Christians. She's well versed on the group she's slamming. That's the difference.

You're assuming she is well versed and the guy in the video is not. That's not a valid assumption when it's based on nothing more than speculation. Furthermore, even if it were valid, it is precisely the kind of statement she just called ignorant. I call that hypocritical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit