Long time lurker, first time poster

by Miss Chievous 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome!

As an astute poster here once stated, "Better to have questions you can't answer, than answers you can't question."

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome!

Say, do you know Mis Demeanor or Mis Behavin?

• Miss Chievous
    Miss Chievous

Thanks Twitch, yes I may have had a few brushes with them in the past...

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Miss Chievous said:

I could not accept that God would destroy anyone based on their meeting attendance.

Hear, hear. Agreed.

I also think it is interesting that the UN scandal is what really tipped the scales for you. When I ran across an article about the WT involvement in the UN, it led to me becoming very angry after being in denial and a JW apologist for many years.

Welcome!

• zagor
    zagor

Welcome to the "dark side" ;)

You've been through a lot. It took lots of guts and brains to pull what you just did. So don't beat yourself, it takes time for anything of value to grow to fruition. Web of deceit, ambiguity of explanations, combined with feeling of guilt they inculcate in you since infancy all create mental fog that takes pretty heavy storm to clear. Many people takes way longer than you did and still feel imprisoned. So you've done very well.

Welcome

• dissed
    dissed

Miss Chievous

I was just about to go to bed and I found your post. Very interesting, thank you for sharing and welcome aboard.

Dissed - Agent WD 40

• looking4peace
    looking4peace

Miss C, Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself and sharing your story. I, too, saw so many who had stopped meeting attendance for a variety of reasons and could not envision a loving father destroying them on that basis alone. The grief families go through believing that is so painful and sad, especially since it is inconceivable that they are on the side of righteousness with that narrow view. I couldn't swallow it any more than you could and was tired of the judgment and guilt that belief fosters that is so divisive. I look forward to hearing more from you.

L4P

• Gerard
    Gerard

Welcome! If you have not done so already, read Crisis of Conscience.

Cheers!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit