Long time lurker, first time poster

by Miss Chievous 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Welcome. I can identify with a lot of what you wrote. I'm not quite where you are at, yet, still working things out too. But, again, welcome.

• Miss Chievous
    Miss Chievous

Thanks everyone,

Onthewayout, for a long time I felt this was a 'sign' but in reality witnesses are one of the only religions who call door to door, it's bound to happen.

Miss C

• moshe
    moshe

Thank you M-C, I like Newbies who introduce themselves. You must continue to add your impressions to our threads. Good Luck!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hello Miss C, thanks for joining and sharing your story. You have a PM, click on the envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen. ^

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Nice to hear your story. Welcome from Australia.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Welcome!

• nugget
    nugget

Walking away is hard but often necessary. I can identify with what you said about the meetings being difficult to sit through once you know the truth about the org the meetings are very hard work.

Today we scived the meeting and spent the time in a Garden open to the public and it is true that you are closer to God in a garden than anywhere else on Earth.

Welcome aboard.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Miss C

WELCOME!!! Thank you for sharing your story. ((HUGS)) You will not be lonely here! You will find much comfort and friendship with these friends. Though you may not always agree on everything, most of us have one thing in common..and that is we have gotten our brains back from a very dangerous cult. This forum will no doubt prove to be a lifeline to you, as it has for most here. I promise things will get better, and easier, as you continue to enjoy your freedom and worship based on your conscience not someone elses. Hang in there....and again...WELCOME!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Miss C!

Great post :)

I am now free to explore the Bible without the constraints of manmade doctrines, free to express my Christianity how I wish, it is more real, more satisfying than ever before.

Amen!

Blessings,

Stephen

• mouthy
    mouthy

WELCOME to the family!!! Mis C.Glad to have you aboard.

Being the Mouthy Granny on board I was so pleased to read
    you still love God...I find when so many leave a cult they
    "throw the baby out with the dirty bathwater" Happy to
    hear your not doing that
    Keep on posting we learn alot from each other,& I believe
    even though we dont all agree on subjects the saying
    "this is how you will know(sheep)them by the LOVE they have amongst them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit