2010 and still no Armagedon...Happy new year. I feel like an Ass!

by Witness 007 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

By my "pioneer calculations" way back in 1992 we Pioneers decided that the "big A" would have to come by at least 2005. Now I can't believe it's 2010!!!!!!!!!! I should be singing Kingdom songs in Paradise with my pet lion and Crocodile playing at my feet. Ripped off! Happy New Year to all!

Every New year I feel like a foolish ass.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

I wonder how long it will take for the rank and file JW's to wake up.

Bangalore

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

At least you're an enlightened ass.

Happy New Year!

• etna
    etna

Happy new year W 007. I get a little frightened myself as to when Armageddon is coming. I was born in 1960 and thought 1975 was THE DATE. Anyway its good to know other people fell this way. By the way I'm from Sydney Australia, I picked up you are from aussie land too.

Etna

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

4 more years to the big one -- 2014

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

In my area we calculated that it would come, at the latest, sometime between 2007 and 2010. Then in 1995, I realized everyone was wrong. But it kind of explains why so many of the folks I know think this is it!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I know what you mean. I didn't fall that heavy for the 1975 stuff. But, i did figure that it would come by 2000. I grew up in the wt - i didn't know anything else.

Etna

Armageddon isn't coming, not ever. There are some risks, though: we could have a super volcanoe explode and send us into an ice age for a few yrs. An asteroid could smack us, real good. There's one passing by, possibly close by in a few yrs. A gamma ray burst, coming from a black hole could toast the planet. Make sure you keep butter on hand, just in case.

S

• etna
    etna

Satanus, sometimes its hard to get these "fears" out of my head. I was born into IT and still have alot of family in. At least you made me laugh.Thank you.

Etna

• beksbks
    beksbks

Etna, join the club, born in, in 1960. I've been truly out for about 24 years now. Relax, Armageddon is not coming and we'll be dead within 50 years Just like everyone else our age.

• steve2
    steve2

It's hard to escape the mentality of the Calendar Club, isn't it? I shudder to think that my long-dead grandparents became Bible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit