Mad as hell...shivered and cried like baby

by DannyBear 49 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Yesterday, when Farkel announced his departure and shunning of us all, I was incensed and outraged. In fact I had similar feeling's to those day's 20yrs ago, after being df'd, where former friends and relatives, just simply said 'your no good, your not worthy of my/our attention anymore' turned thier back's and walked away from me.

Then witnessed Farkel ignore the sweet comments Lilac's writes just for him....made we want to ring his neck.

My pal Unclebruce's comments, about our friendship and affection, just about made me shamefull for being so mad at Farkel.

Today while driving the interstate, my thoughts mulling over all these recent developments on jw.com, massaging my anger somewhat, I had a shiver. You know one of those that start at the top of your head and course right down to your toes, when it isn't even cold?

The shiver was caused by the revelation, that even in cyberspace one is not imune from loss. I have lost so many people I once loved dearly, either jw, because of time and distance, death, for whatever reason....more than I care to admit.

Even though I have had issues with Farkel and other's here, the enormity of the loss of relative's and friends, simply got the best of me, and I started crying like a baby. I almost had to pull over to the side of the road.

We all talk about healing for the lurker, the jw looking for a way out, giving of ourselves in well researched posts, all well and good.

What about us, what about our association, why are we just to accept that loosing friends, aquaintenance on the net is Ok, just a rite of passage? Iam sick and tired of loosing people. Iam tired of having to say goodbye, to anyone. Life is just to damn short.

Farkel, Amazing, Max, Alan, Kent, msil, any other's that left us, stop it, don't shun like the shunner's. Don't disfellowship us, I have had enough of that to last 5 lifetimes.

I may bark at you, I may not exercise enough kindness and act like a damn asshole, but so what? If you continue this sanction against us, you are hurting the very people you say need your help.

I don't want to hurt anymore, I promise I will be more forgiving of your's and mine faults.

I really mean it.

Danny

• Julie
    Julie

Wow Danny!!

That is a mighty heartfelt post. Well done.

Regards,
    Julie

P.S. I think one or two of who you mention may be on vacation, crazy vikings, still can't take the cold of Norway. Lightweights.

• think41self
    think41self

((((Danny))))

Come over here you big bear and I'll hurt ya! But I promise, you'll like it.

think41self

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Sorry, I spoke to soon. Silly fluff poster I am. I need to learn to check my e-mail before I speak.

Lilacs, Putting foot in mouth

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
    Eleanor Roosevelt
  • gumby
    gumby

I agree danny b
    I think if one has a good reason to leave and they feel they NEED to
    then they are free to go.
    It's the way they make it sound so permanent.Like you'll never
    hear from them again. Why can't they say they need some time off and will drop in from time to time to say hi?
    That's what friends do don't they?
    You start to get an attachment to certain personalities and get to know them somewhat then they leave.

• Princess
    Princess

That's amazing Danny, I never thought of it that way. I have always felt like those who post they are leaving are trying to get attention. There posts are always followed by "no no don't leave, we love you...sob sob". I find it detestable. If you want to leave then leave quietly. Eventually we will figure out you are gone and you will be missed but don't make us all beg for you to stay. If they are truly friends, then we have their email or phone numbers and we won't lose touch.

Just my opinion. Thanks for your thoughts Danny, you made some real valid points.

Princess

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Thanks for this post, Danny. You summed things up quite well. People on this board have become friends, and this is one of the reasons I keep returning. Most of the JW issues have been resolved, but it's nice to stop by here and see what everyone is up to.

It's sad to see people leave, but hopefully they'll return.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

AMEN!!!! Danny I won't shun ya

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• COMF
    COMF

why are we just to accept that loosing friends, aquaintenance on the net is Ok, just a rite of passage? I am sick and tired of losing people. I am tired of having to say goodbye, to anyone.

We're to accept it, Dan, because there's nothing else to accept. Mean and painful, yes, but it's the way life is. People come and go. They touch our lives for a time, usually for the better; and then one day they're gone. We move away, or they move away, or they quit their jobs, or they die of some terminal disease, or they are killed in an accident, or they die of old age, or they run off with a lover... somehow, they go.

Eventually we learn that life is best lived in the moment, in the here and now. We learn to savor all the joy of a moment while it is passing, rather than telling ourselves, "I'm too busy now... I'll enjoy stuff later."

And, hopefully, we become the best of friends with the one person in all the earth who will never, never leave us. That would be, for each of us, ourselves. We'll be with ourselves, inseparable, until the day we die. What a wonderful life it is, if that person we'll never leave is our dearest friend.

Life is just to damn short.

Amen, brother man. But it ain't over yet. Gitchasome.

COMF

• Farkel
    Farkel

: don't shun like the shunner's.

I never said I would shun anyone, including you. I just said it was time for me to move on. I was shocked that you thought I was pulling some sort of theatrics. I wasn't.

I wish you the very best, and my e-mail is always open for anyone.

I won't be back in 1 week or 2 weeks. Uncle Jimbo can go fuck himself. He's a blood-sucking parasite that gives nothing, demands
    everything and thinks he's clever. He's too stupid to be clever.

(I'm still in form and only did that to show you I will always be me!)

Don't give me any lectures over my style, Danny. I won't change for you and I won't change for anyone else either. I changed myself for a Cult and I will never be a phony again. Like me for who I am and am not or don't. I will like you for who you are and are not, too.

And for you vipers/parasite/losers/non-contributors who want to jump out and say, "Hey, dipshit. You didn't last a day off this board! Fuck you." This is between Danny and me, and that's all.

Any friend of Uncle Bruce is a friend of mine, Danny.

Doug (sic)

"I didn't mean what I meant."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit