Just Wanted To Share...

by mrsjones5 10 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have an email subscription to Tipnut which I enjoy because of the crafty tips their emails contain. I recieved this today and intend to incorporate a few of the goals into my life this year:

11 Goals To Enhance Your Life This Year

1. Choose One New Thing To Learn: Take a class for something you’ve always wanted to know how to do…learn how to knit, how to crochet, woodworking, embroidery, gourmet cooking, first aid, oil painting, wine making–whatever it is that sparks your interest, go for it this year!
    2. Eliminate One Negative Distraction: Media gossip taking too much mental space? Spending too much time complaining with and about others? World news or politics haunting you hourly? Cut the negative noise, focus on weeding out one distracting habit at a time…you won’t believe how much more productive and content you’ll be!
    3. Embrace One Positive Influence: Focus on making room for more time for something positive in your life. Nurturing friendships, seeking uplifting discussion or information, spiritual reflection.
    4. Honor Your Family: With your time, laughter, forgiveness, respect, generous acts, support and encouragement…then enjoy what blossoms from that.
    5. Nurture Your Home: Determine areas that need improvement–cleaning, baking &cooking, organize. Make pretty the best you can with the resources you have. Appreciate. Read 10 Secrets To Rewarding Homemaking for some inspiration.
    6. Develop One Healthier Lifestyle Habit: Exercise, eat better, cut fatty foods and snacks, quit smoking, cut the soda pop, walk more.
    7. Stretch Yourself–Do Something Terrifying: Public speaking, belly dance class, volunteer for your political party of choice, fundraise for a good cause.
    8. Teach Something: Volunteer to teach a community class, start a blog and share your experience or knowledge, share family recipes, history and traditions with younger family members.
    9. Reduce Something: Clutter, debt, overspending, household waste (recycle & repurpose).
    10. Focus On One Area For Increased Independence: Make more instead of buying ready-made (food, gifts), learn how to fix more instead of hiring or purchasing replacement,grow more of your own food–even if it’s just kitchen herbs, work on debt reduction.
    11. Stretch Your Generosity: Regularly do something a bit out of your way that helps someone else–give a co-worker a ride home, offer a helping hand to an elderly neighbor, donate clothing and household items to a struggling family–all with no strings attached.

Some goals you may let go of over time, but some will flourish. The fun is appreciating the journey–and where it leads you to next :) .

http://tipnut.com/11-goals-to-enhance-your-life-this-year/

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I have no more goals to pursue ... I am complete.

• notewe
    notewe

Thanks! LOVE it!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Great list

I always try to learn one new thing each year - not sure what it will be this year though -- yet

• journey-on
    journey-on

Thanks. Great suggestions. #7 intrigues me.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm certainly going to work on #4 more this year. It's time to let go of the anger and become the mother my kids had a few years ago.

Maybe # 1 as well. It's time to make some new friends and stop worrying about those I lost.

• changeling
    changeling

This is a wonderful list! Thanks for sharing! :)

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Great list!!! There's a goal for each month of the year and then you can take a break in December and start all over again.

#10 is actually on my list for this month.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

I love this, thanks for sharing it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm glad you all liked it. I'm drawn to 3,4,5, & 8 and Lord knows I need to work on 6.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit