Letter to all congregations in Canada 2010

by bobld 22 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Long ago we announced that when the funds would cease, the activities of the Society would cease proportionately; and that as the funds increased, the Society’s activities would be enlarged." The Society has continued to do exactly that.

Sounds like Russell was smart enough to cut his losses and run, like selling the printing Establishment and the printing machines

and perhaps reborn with another business, similar to what he had before.

Being a cunning businessman he played on his hunches that his products would indeed sell, he knew well that most of his market

was in highly populated bible believing Christians, all he had to do is orchestrate enough bullshit to grab the publics attention.

The simple fact is C T Russel was a religious charlatan of the highest order.

Something that gets dismissed by todays JWS.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've found that pledges would be high. But when it comes to delivery, they start a little below and tend to drop off significantly to the level that dubs were giving in the first place.

It's understandable that actual contributions would be far short of pledges since the dubs are trained by Botchtower Corporation. Promise everything, deliver nothing, make excuses.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good point Billy , they essentialy do whats been done to them a trail of broken promises.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Promise everything, deliver nothing, make excuses.

They get what they give.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

I believe the same letter was sent to all congregations in the United States.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Promise everything, deliver nothing, make excuses.

How true, how very true.

y

• nugget
    nugget

I' sorry but haven't the society made a killing on real estate lately. Weren't the early congregations told to share out the surplus among the needy. I'd be inclined to submit what was needed as a request to the society asking them to practice sharing for a change. They've had the benefits of property, shares in arms companies, bequests from people who never had children the list is endless. If they are a charity stop hording and start spending.

• VM44
    VM44

Do they still boast about not passing the collection plate?

Pledges aren't much different.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower Loves You, and Needs Your Money!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the titanic is sinking.

i'm gonna love it.

i havent donated a dime in 10 years!

i waste 30 mags a month (1/2 go to laundromats, 1/2 go to garbage)

if you read this post, i urge all to do the same and make them loose it all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit