The look in my mothers eyes

by Sour Grapes 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve had relatives that died,believing WBT$ BullSh*t..

It`s how they chose not to live thier lives..

They made my life a misery..

Because..

I would`nt believe they were going to live forever..

Now they`re Dead..

Is that supposed to be Funny?..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• Dagney
    Dagney

I lost my mother last Sunday. 71 years a willing "faithful" slave of Jah, although that is what she chose, as Outlaw said.

My brother said, "She was victorious!"

"Victorious against what?" I thought. Life? "Worldly" people? Birthdays? The boogie man?

They have unquestionably created an imaginary fight with a fairy tale pet lion for the victorious winner.

Still sad to me.

• journey-on
    journey-on

So sorry about your mother, Dagney...my condolences.

• flipper
    flipper

DAGNEY- I'm so sorry my dear sis about the loss of your mom. Me and my wife send you our love & hugs . 71 years is a long, long time.

SOUR GRAPES- I asked my then 81 year old JW mom the same question over a year ago. If she ever thought she would make it to her 80's in this system of things. She paused and answered , " No, I didn't. I thought we'd be in the paradise by now. " I said I know how she feels. I told her I remember witnesses telling me I was so lucky in the mid 1970's as being 16 years old I'd never have to raise children in this system or be married. I told my mom, " Well look what transpired ? I have a 24 year old son, and daughters 22 and 21 ! " She agreed " You sure do ! " But then as if to comfort and convince herself she said, " Well we still see lots of signs in the news indicating troubled times in this system ". I said, " Yeah , we do. " And then I dropped it moving on to family matters in discussion. Didn't want to make her sad. But it truly is sad and reprehensible on the WT society's part that they make people waste their entire lives on a scam

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yes, I've seen that look. And I'm still trying to figure out the best way to give them "hope for the future" and a positive view about living the happiest life possible now.

• glenster
    glenster

Who knows, but if she's been one of the JWs that long, she's probably seen so many of the JWs leaders' forecasts fail that she probably takes that aspect with a grain of salt.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I was 56 years old when I started my research on the Internet. I delayed for several months, thinking...I'm too old to leave now. then I asked myself, would it be easier now or 10, 20 or 30 years from now? I'm so glad I did even though I suffered a lot of indignities from my extended family. At least my immediate family is intact and we are closer than ever. It's been slow, but Clyde and I are meeting new friends and new ways to enjoy our remaining years.

Has anyone watched the movie, Bucket List. I need to start my own list of things I would like to do before I kick the bucket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit