Is 'truth' a red herring?

by bulgogiboy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Is 'truth' a red herring?

Yes it is.

There are only Facts and Opinions. "Truth" and an interpretation of a collection of Facts. Therefore "Truth" is an Opinion.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Today is the Thursday, that is the truth. To say it is "Wednesday", or "Friday" is close but both are false.

The real truth is that today is Lifeday, in the month of Logos, in the year of Jehovah's Ransom 1972. That's what the Calendar of Jehovah God says, and I'm sticking to it until I can find a more precise date. I can't keep a straight face after writing that...

SD-7

• Satanus
    Satanus

I was going to add my thoughts on this. I even started typing them. But, my head started to hurt, and i had to stop.

S

Ps, having some strong coffee, now.... Feeling better:)

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

The bible is a book of parables not to be taken literally hardly ever..........how can that be truth?

I really enjoyed the latest National Geographic special on the Genome and Evolution and some of the breakthroughs. I compared some of the findings of Darwin and some of the latest scientific findings of genes and the evolutionary switches they contain.... really a mind blower check it out!

The deeper we dig the more complex, one thing for sure it has taken millions and millions of years to get to this point.

If there is a God its not a"small" god that is all bichy and judgemental but something larger I think I am becoming more Panthetic the more I ponder and research.

I have been way to naive in this life and naivety is ignorance.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Religions create their own self contained truths to support themselves, in an effort gain support from outside of their construction.

Creating convoluted lies to create a " Truth " is what they are good at and the JWS is shinning example of this.

• Satanus
    Satanus

As soon as religion enters, truth leaves the building.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

As soon as some says jesus, truth leaves the building.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBT$ Truth..

Is a Dead Tuna..

On a Date..

With Paris Hilton..

Smells Fishy : Paris Hilton With Dead Tuna

......................... ...OUTLAW

• slimboyfat

Share this

Google+