Do NOT go to college, system is coming to an end, EVEN in 1969!!!!!

by Jez 17 Replies latest social current

• Jez
    Jez

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that

you will never grow old in this present system of things… .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years… as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!
    -- Awake, 5/22/1969, pg15

I have not posted here for many years, but just found this most interesting quote in my documents tonight and wanted to share with any that do not know of its existance. Here is why a generation of 55-60 year old janitors and uneducated people exist within JWs. Education was discouraged, the end was ANY DAY now, even in the year I was born!

• Gayle
    Gayle

So I went to Bethel in July '69. College was certainly frowned upon. So I went to Bethel to be a housekeeper till 7/74. After leaving with possibly more time to think independently and starting a family, my re-evaluation set in, reflecting on how I was raised as JW child, in school, the flag salute, national songs issue, no holidays, restrictions on art and song, sports, extra-curriculars, vacation (called then) pioneering some winter breaks and summer breaks, demands to study for meetings and parts in meetings and assemblies, turning down college opportunity, which I accepted all & believed all obediently to the organization and my parents,,all the while that the new world was coming soon, soon, soon. Wait! I am a mom now, I grew up. The new world hasn't come, I didn't get to ride the elephant and lion promised to me coming soon.

I started questioning the Governing Body (I knew them), that they don't know real life, not the reality for children, going to school and the issues required of them daily. I questioned 'soon.' What the heck does 'soon' mean! I began to question every single thing, forwards and backwards. I felt a desparate need to figure everything out, I felt I would have to answer to my own children if they grow up afterall in this system and that I would have to answer to them. My brain thought processes went like that Mario game with the character constantly, ever constantly trying to get through a maze. That went on for quite a while.

Some contact was made of the goings on at Bethel sometimes. Then, when Ray Franz had to leave Bethel, I was so sad because with Ray I had hoped that things could improve within the organization. He was so knowledgable, and of the most humble and real in spirit. His wife, Cynthia, is truly genuinely honest and loving hearted. But when he left Bethel and soon later was disfellowshipped, I knew things were not going to improve in the organization. Then, "Crises of Conscience" by Ray Franz came out. When I read it, all the things came together, I had seen how it was, and how the spirit was at Bethel. It all fit and came together. All the walls fell down.

So back to topic, I went to two years of community college, business subjects and computer classes while raising 5 children. Was eventually able to get a decent job. But my great joy is that all my five children have put themselves through college and all have graduated college. None of them were ever baptized JWs and don't have many horrible memories as JW kids, some, but we became very inactive and had a few location moves which helped our freedom for a real life and free minds.

• SoCal101
    SoCal101

It's amazing that people still follow the society's teaching based on this one simple belief. Trust me college was never even mentioned in our home when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's. It was "get a job to support yourself, a decent apartment and three months expenses in the bank". What a bunch of crap! We had one of our elder's son go to college and then to law school. My mom said he was "going to become an attorney for the society". Well guess what? He is now an ambulance chaser in Vegas..Silly isn't it? Anyway, good for him for going against the grain at the time.

• yknot
    yknot

What is really sad is how many NOW fail to realize this all started back in 1941!

Now fast forward some 68 years and they are still driveling this even though those born in 1941 are receiving social security!

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Gayle,

Your post was well written and appreciated. I also never

got to ride on the elephant and pet the lion that were in all

of the pretty pictures in the Watchtower rags. It is surprising

how many modern day Witnesses don't even know of the

1975 hysteria and now 35 years later they are doing it

again.

Sour Grapes

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

And that was the year I actually started College... as a JW. Thank God I had a Dad, who although he held a position in the cong... also believed in education.... and defended that position no matter who challenged him.

Coffee

• glenster
    glenster

1917 "My advice is, then, give your children an education up to public school
    limit, not even attempting to take them through high school, for they get plenty
    of Higher Criticism [sic] in the high schools, and it will not be long before
    they have it in the common schools also." ("What Pastor Russell Said, "1917,
    pp.57,58)
    http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/wrong.htm

• Heaven
    Heaven

"What Pastor Russell Said, "1917,pp.57,58

I didn't know crack existed back then. Man, Russell sounds like he's completely wasted!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS leaders have manage to make a self concerning interest, to persuade people to stand clear of

any potential knowledge that would contravene their own established knowledge.

This is an effort to keep people in their controlling grasp and get them pushing their literature out to the public.

Better to have people out in service culling more followers that to go to a university and being

a valued and helpful member of society. By the way don't get married either and have children.

The JWS religion is not the only religious faith that deems higher education as a direct threat to themselves, so

they try and dissuade its members from doing so.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Truly sad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit