JW's a RELIGION based on PERFORMANCE! How dangerous is that???

by freewilly01 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

A person can be wonderful, "Christlike", humble, loving, a genuinely good person, but be below 10 hours, and you are not "exemplary",

A person can be a borderline prick, or even a full blown prick, and if they are consistent with 10 hours or more, or worse yet, actually pioneering, then the sky is the limit for them.

Why do they almost only interview "full time" servants instead of "Christlike" servants at the Assemblies? There it is in a nutshell, its about your time, not your attitude.

Is it dangerous? Yup, esp for those who prefer to be a good person instead of a good producer.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    our salvation is based on faith and not works

That's a lie if you are defending the JWs. Read this and it will really open your mind to the nonsense they preach.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-4.html#VA

In the judgment scene at Revelation 20:11-15, during Christ's Millennial Reign "the scroll of life" is shown as opened to receive additional names; scrolls of instruction are also opened. Those who come back in the 'resurrection of the unrighteous' will thus have the opportunity of having their names written on "the scroll of life," provided they obediently perform deeds that are in harmony with the scrolls of instruction (Ac 24;15) Of course, faithful servants of God who come back in the resurrection of the righteous will already have their names in the "scroll of life." By their loyal obedience to the divine instructions, they will keep their names in it.

How does a person get his name permanently retained in the "book of life"? For those who are in line to receive heavenly life, it is by conquering this world through faith, proving themselves faithful even to death." Re 2:10; 3:5) For those who are in line to receive life on earth, it is by proving loyal to Jehovah through a final, decisive test at the end of Christ's Millennial Reign. (Re 20:7, 8) Those who maintain integrity through that final test will have their names retained permanently by God in the "book of life." (Insight, 251)

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's especially dangerous when dubs get old and sick. Because it's their "deeds" that define their faith, when they're forced to slow down, they are made to feel guilty.

parakeet, this is so true. I am witnessing (uh..sorry about that) this in my Father now. They make people feel useless and valueless because they can't perform. My Dad is now actually having to really face what retirement and real aging are all about. And he is not prepared for it.

It was one of my issues with this religion when I was a teen. For the life of me I was unable to find the scripture that stated specifically that handing out Watchtower and Awake magazines would bring me eternal life like I was told. I did a lot of this in my teens ... .

• designs
    designs

Jonathan Jonathan Jonathan still calling the kettle black.

Jws are ametures in the goof ball idea market compared to your religious ilk. You lovely 'Born again Trinitarians' butchered indigenous peoples by the millions.............hell you didn't even spare each other.

What a farse your brand of christianity is.

'Do a little good each day'

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    onathan Jonathan Jonathan still calling the kettle black.
    Jws are ametures in the goof ball idea market compared to your religious ilk. You lovely 'Born again Trinitarians' butchered indigenous peoples by the millions.............hell you didn't even spare each other.
    What a farse your brand of christianity is.
    'Do a little good each day'

http://144000.110mb.com/index.html

I take back the good things I said about you a couple of months ago. Stay off the booze, my friend. It shows.

You keep defending the Jews and claim Christians are so much worse, but tell me, how many have the Jews slaughtered over time? Regardless of why or on whose account, even if God directed them, your hands aren't clean, either.

Keep trying.

• dgp
    dgp

As a non-JW, I dare to say that I smell like it's not even the appearance of performance that matters, but submission. If you appear to perform well, well, the time you put in might even be a big lie, but it shows that you're obviously in submission. The same is true if you devote yourself exclusively to whatever they say. You're a good slave; that's what matters.

Sorry, not meaning to hurt anyone.

• designs
    designs

Ah yes that as good as the hoax of Fundamentalism gets................you are as shallow as a dime.

What a farse your group was and is.

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

to jdough

romans4:13 abraham was declared righteous by faith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit