JW's a RELIGION based on PERFORMANCE! How dangerous is that???

by freewilly01 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Freewilly I had a nervious breakdown over it.. I rememeber I was close to 30 and got one of those emails your friends send. saying what is your favorate color and blah blah. so you can learn about your friends. I looked at the list and started crying, I had no idea what the answers was to any of the questions. All those years of doing as I was told and not thinking for myself left a big gaping hole. I almost offed myself cause I was trapped and didn't know what to do. Everything is all about appearances. How things look to others. Never mind how things REALLY are!

I remember I used to get yelled at for studing the Watchtower. Cause I was told the brothers with the mic could see I didn't have anything underlined. So I started underlining (I never learned how to study, always picked stuff up the first time in school so the whole underlining studing thing seems REALLY dumb to me). I mean just underlining any old thing just to make them happy. It's all about appearances.

Did anyone ever hear someone comment on how "real" the demonstations at the circuit assemblies and conventions were. I mean the acted out ones, with the over emphatic voices. And then the same people when they express concern for you. use that exact same voice. When I started fading as sister came up to me and sad "We Love you!" with that overacted emphatic phoney voice....I almost upchucked.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

You can be a pedophile, as long as you're always out in FS nothing will happen to you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Then there are all those "Everyone must pio-sneer" months. Invariably, they do this every time a month has five Saturdays and/or five Sundays. They also do this in March through May--"Pioneer--or DIE!"

Suppose someone doesn't have the means to get in their time? So what if there are five full weekends if one has to work most of them? And, what about all those who work for tax preparers and have their busy season right before the REJECT Jesus Party? I suppose none of those people get to not pio-sneer.

• In
    In

Naw, I'll tell you what just kills me is how people get introduced, "This is Rachel, and she's a full time pioneer and her husband is an elder and her kids are at Bethel"... and I'm like, Oh, wellll, I'm just an Indian, sorry Chief.

• Casper
    Casper

Being a convert, one of the first things I noticed was how the whole thing was a "Numbers Game".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Performance and the WBT$..

The ability to..

Consistantly do Nothing of any Value..

Look like an Idiot doing it..

And..

Be Applauded..

Bravo!Bravo!Bravo!

................ ...OUTLAW

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

our salvation is based on faith and not works

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i didn't think much about it then, but now i realize i too was a walking talking proof that the holy spirit appointment is holy crap.

I had the numbers, so despite or in spite of my 'sins' i was in!

oz

• flipper
    flipper

FREEWILLY- Very true what you say. This kind of goes along with my most recent thread on JW's being " Obedient instead of showing Love ". It truly was a light bulb turning on for me after 44 years in the JW cult - and seeing elders, pioneers being given carte blanche treatment- yet acted like a$$holes to everybody. Witnesses are judged by the higher ups in the org. based on how many times they answer at meetings, how much field service time they report, how many parts on meetings or talks they give, not how good of a human being they are ! And THAT my friend is a dangerous sign of a mind control cult . A dangerous one at that

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I was close to 30 and got one of those emails your friends send. saying what is your favorate color and blah blah. so you can learn about your friends. I looked at the list and started crying, I had no idea what the answers was to any of the questions. All those years of doing as I was told and not thinking for myself left a big gaping hole.

I had a similar experience, it was stunning to find out I knew nothing about myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit