Do You Believe The USA Will Have Another 9/11???

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

The post I just made on another topic is equally applicable to this one:

The only way to win, long term, is to stop people WANTING to attack you like this.

Now, hands up everyone who thinks killing people's fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, cousins or grandparents is going to help with this?

The simple truth why starting some crazy "war on terror" will never work and just creates more terrorists. Of course, if you make money from selling arms and are part of the industrial military complex then it's a brilliant plan.

It's also the reason that the governments who promoted the war both make it a crime to discuss WHY someone would commit terrorist acts as though that somehow promotes or excuses terrorism.

The truth is, you NEGOTIATE with terrorists if you want to have peace. Until you do that, you have war. Evidence: Northern Ireland and the IRA, Spain and ETA.

Unfortunately, America suffers from it's ego and enough uneducated TV-led public opinion to keep the madness going indefinitely. But then, that is the plan isn't it ...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well said Simon.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hail, Simon!

Sylvia

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Simon

How do you "NEGOTIATE with terrorists"?

What do you have that they want?

• sir82
    sir82
    What do you have that they want?

That is a key question - and until people recognize it, you can expect more of the same.

Hint: They don't attack us because they "hate our freedom", as some dim-bulbed ex-presidents would have you believe. They don't give a flyin' figbar about "our freedoms".

For starters, they want the US to stop supporting Israel, and they want the US military presence off "their" land in the Middle East.

Of course, those are complex issues, but the first step to any sort of resolution is at least understanding what these guys want.

• John Doe
    John Doe

The Islamic culture sees "negotiations" and "compromising" as a sign of weakness. That part of the world has been at war for hundreds of years. Kill one terrorist, make 100 new ones. Do nothing but compromise and negotiate, make 1000 new terrorists. The only thing that is respected is power. You may not like it, but that's the way it is. History has proven this point time and again.

• Simon
    Simon
    The Islamic culture sees "negotiations" and "compromising" as a sign of weakness. That part of the world has been at war for hundreds of years. Kill one terrorist, make 100 new ones. Do nothing but compromise and negotiate, make 1000 new terrorists. The only thing that is respected is power. You may not like it, but that's the way it is. History has proven this point time and again.

Typical short-sighted failed rhetoric from pro-war type.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It is just a matter of time even tho the site and severity may not be the same but may prove to be worse.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I disagree, I do business with some and I have been do Dubai, I don't see that at all, on the contray at times, if YOU have something they want they are VERY compromising.

Lets not forget that IF the Arab world wanted to hold the oil buying countries "hostage", they could, they don't because they value their own affluence more than any political crap.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Typical short-sighted failed rhetoric from pro-war type.

I could say the same thing of your diatribe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit