Medical treatments you (or others) put off for the "Noo Sistum"

by darthfader 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I guess the times have changed because I know many sisters that have undergone "improvements" to a certain area of their body. Or maybe its because Jehovah will give their kids new teeth, but maybe he won't give them bigger ta-tas?

I didn't see any cartoonishly busty women on those tract worlds, so my guess is that a bigger rack is not covered by the NooSistum Magical Regeneration Plan.

Shame, too. Think of all the men they could snag if they started putting that carrot for potential male converts!

• lancelink
    lancelink

I know some people from las vegas and getting plastic surgery is considered normal.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just dental cavities. During the period I was a witless, I assumed that Jehovah was soon going to take care of it, and by the time I did go to the dentist, more than half of my teeth had at least a small cavity. It never got to where I lost most or all of my teeth, but this just goes to show what happens when one trusts in that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag.

And, had I had serious medical conditions (such as one of the congenital conditions that requires lifelong allopathic treatments), it could have been much worse.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have had conversations with lalalaladedahisntitallsowonderfulladedah dubbies and showed them the results of my family's view of the urgency of dental care 30 years ago, complete with quotations from WT literature (as easily as they quote from the Bible) and they look at me like they have just been smacked in the head with a baseball bat

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My ex-wife had (has?) a cold sore on one of her eyes. It would flare up on occasion, making i difficult for her to see out of that eye. She went to the medical doctor about it, and he said that there was an operation where they could transplant a donor cornea(? - I don't really remember) and fix it - but that if she ever got another cold sore - it might return.

Anyway... at the time, I was working at a company with good medical benefits - and I told her it was her decision. She decided to not have the surgery. She said something about there might be blood involved. I have no doubt in my mind that the big 'A' and all the 'it will be fixed soon anyway' hype swayed her decision to not have the surgery.

Later, when filing for divorce, she used this as a reason that she couldn't work. My lawyer asked me about it. I told him the above story (sans the big 'A' part), and he was astounded. He said that he knew someone who had the exact surgery. He said there was no blood involved.

Anyway... as far as I know... she is still struggling with her vision as a result of her JW-related ignorance.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Put me on the list of people who should have had braces as a kid, but Armageddon was coming soon, so it would be a waste of money. I'm almost 50 now, and paying out of pocket for orthodontic work because the misalignment of my teeth caused excruciating TMJS, which eventually led to arthritis in my jaw.

Wish I could bill the Society for it.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I have Scoliosis and Lordosis (curved spine). The only time to correct it with a body brace is during adolescence. I was a teenager during the 1975 psychosis and even though I gave, as a JW, more credence to the 1914 generation chronology (at that time it was adults witnessing WWI that set the beginning of the "generation"), that amounted to just a few more years, I simply did not have an interest in rectifying that condition.

When I walk I waddle like a penguin with my upper torso pointed backwards.

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit