March 15, 2010 Watchtower -- "One Flock, One Shepherd"

by sd-7 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

The number hasn't been released yet. The 2010 year book is due in February.

• sir82
    sir82
    Are they going to try and further confuse the JWs with their previous two flock, two shepherd teaching?!

Yep. "One flock means one flock, unless it means 2 flocks. Say, have you ever wondered what the word 'generation' means?"

• Chalam
    Chalam

One thing is clear, the WT make it up as they go along. My guess is titles like this is damage limitation from their clear heresy.

John 10:16 (New International Version)

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

John 11:51-52 (New International Version)

51 He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation, 52 and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Mary
    Mary
    If, though, those who will live forever on earth were entitled to partake of the emblems, then this Memorial meal would need to continue forever."

Yes, it makes you wonder what they're smoking in the Writing Department when you read this sort of tripe. Even if you take their views of the two-tiered class of Christians at face value, it doesn't make any sense. If "those who will live forever on earth were entitled to partake of the emblems", wouldn't that mean that we weren't destined to "live forever on earth" at all but would have a heavenly hope?

I agree----this is a desperate attempt for them to try and explain away why more and more are taking the emblems each year, despite their stern warnings against it. It's utterly laughable. They could easily rectify the situation in a few ways:

1. Admit that the "144,000" number in Revelation is symbolic and includes all Christians
    2. Admit that the "Great Crowd" in Revelation also have a heavenly hope
    3. Or even if they wanted to keep everyone with an 'earthly hope', they could still allow them to participate of the emblems, thereby blending the numbers of the two classes so that no one would actually 'know' how many of the 'annointed' there actually were.

But instead of doing something logical, they instead have to go to the ends of the earth, speaking in circles to try to reassert their lame-brain interpretation of the scriptures.

• leavingwt
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

"For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives."

Since they are still drinking from the cup...this can only mean that the Lord has not arrived.

This would invalidate the 1914 claim of the arrival.

• alanv
    alanv

Cantleave. Is that right or just a joke that the Yearbook will be out in February. Also is not the 2009 service report coming out in an incert in Kingdom Ministry. Surely both should be out by now!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sounds like there is confusion and they don't know of which direction to go.

In anycase they will spin something out, trying maneuver their previous bullshit to make room

for the new bullshit is what they're good at.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Friends, this is another of their annual "don't partake" articles; they appear like clockwork along with other signs of spring, like daffodils. A bit later in the year, they trot out another perennial favorite: the "please don't misbehave at the district convention," although that one's usually reserved for the Kingdom Ministry.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Mary: I've long been a proponent of your suggestion 3; it's easily the most pragmatic way out of the corner they've painted themselves into

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit