Were you a JW that "bend" the rules?

by Mr. Monday Night 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dgp
    dgp

Excuse my asking if it sounds dumb to you, but I'm a non-JW and don't know many things. So, being on Facebook is bending the rules? I have seen lots of JWs on Facebook. I suppose having worldly friends on Facebook would be even more bending of the rules. What about joining groups that are obviously led by worldlies?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Bending the rules a little is part of what keeps sanity for so many inside the Organization!

Hey, life's much too short to live so strictly, so into crap that doesn't really matter in the end.

All things in moderation (well, sometimes the drinking does go a bit overboard, but we recover very nicely)

DY

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was initially pretty much by the book, until Jehovah broke His promises to me. At which point I broke mine to Him, gradually letting things slide. My field circus went down, my boasting session attendance went down, I started listening to more bad songs, and ultimately I cut the Almighty Lowlife Scumbag off totally. And now I not only bend the rules, but I bust them into a million pieces.

• The Rapster
    The Rapster

I accessorized.

Never understood congregations who had to add silly rules. I was quite fortunate to live among fantastic music. film people who danced beautifully, especially at annual events certain families held. Those were the best times.

Not allowed to attend concerts? Sick. Just...... sick.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

I really tried to be perfect, but would notice others with more prestige who didn't try so hard. So I let a few things slip: I would read questionable books, go clubbing or to concerts(always with other JW's). Once I realized it wasn't the truth, the first thing I tried was marijuana.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit