Pioneering !

by iknowall558 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xmkx
    xmkx

My mother was a pioneer (the top pioneer in our congregation) and I remember a ton of pressure was put on me to be the model JW kid. I resented it... it seemed like the elder's kids could get away with anything, no one cared about what the "normal" JW kids did, and EVERYONE cared about every single move I made... if it was not the model move to make then I was surely in Satan's clutch. I was so young when I was pushed in to becoming an unbaptized publisher I don't remember it, and I was preparing to become a baptized publisher right before I left at the age of 15... that was under pressure too... being told I had been an unbaptized publisher for way too long and it was past time for me to go ahead and take the plunge.

Yet I was a guest of honor at the assemblies, get togethers, parties, etc. The elders forced their kids to invite me to their parties and I was forced to go. When the adults weren't paying attention they tortured me or outright ignored me.

It was very lonely for me being "the top pioneer's child". And suffocating. Those factors far outweighed any "prestige" that came with THAT title.

My mother had a lot of prestige but she was not comfortable with it, either. And she was lonely... the adults weren't much different from the kids in that respect. When anyone was looking they treated her like gold but otherwise it was like they didn't even know her. She herself was very humble and pioneered only because she was so convinced that was what God wanted her to do and she has a genuine love for people. I think she would give the shirt off her back to anyone if she saw they needed it.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

mmkx

She herself was very humble and pioneered only because she was so convinced that was what God wanted her to do and she has a genuine love for people. I think she would give the shirt off her back to anyone if she saw they needed it.

I think these kind of pioneers are few and far between. Even when I pioneered it wasnt because I liked it, ..I hated it. I think I did it because it was expected...and because of the 'encouragement' / 'guilt trips' to do so. I remember hearing a brother say....."if you are not pioneering you had better be able to explain to Jehovah why not!" Even a 'special pioneer couple in our hall didnt have the qualities your mother had. They were hugely unpopular and were disliked by most in the cong. They were cold and quite unloving at times. They were reluctant to help people and one time when a brother needed help because his car had broken down, he phoned this elder, because he was nearest....but the elder/special pioneer, asked him why he didnt phone another brother who lived quite near as well.

So....TITLES MEAN NOTHING. I used to always wonder with this couple, and with others, whose title would dictate their spirituality rather than their actions and attitude, if they remembered the scripture that said......If you do all things....BUT DO NOT HAVE LOVE...then it means nothing....not even to God. It becomes like a clashing symbol..... Not pleasant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit