Pioneering !

by iknowall558 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

In defense of 'pioneering'....... "for love of the game and embracing the hypocrisy"

Oh come-on it is the only freakin title a gal like me can get!

One gets to attend pioneer school, be seen as more 'dedicated', get 'studies' handed to them by elders, can kiss-up to the Elders/CO for Assembly/DC appearance and are not questioned about fudged hours as much as the R&F..... it is a captive apostate's paradise!

For the men......it helps them lusted after and laid by JW women. It also gives them cred for other 'privileges' like MS, Elder or some Bethel activity.

• p.w.
    p.w.

The pioneers in the Cong I grew up in were SNOBS. My family was "weak" and so I was never allowed to go in service with the pioneers, I wasn't "strong" enough to do so. (I always had to go out in service w/ the other weak ones AKA: uncool poor persons.) Like I had to prove myself just becasue my dad stopped going to the meetings due to health reasons. I never did "feel the love." Oh, and the best part was when the Pioneers started complaineg to the elders about lack of money "contrabutions" form the other publishers they trucked around in their cars. They wanted gas money. From EVERYONE. My family was too poor so I had stopped going in service for a while.

• bobld
    bobld

What is the matter with todays pioneers,when you look at the last 10 years of C.A. & SAD no one gets baptised but the children of J.W.(maybe some outsiders but they are few and far in between).Their service is to please man or I should say the GB/F Slave.Noboby but nobody is that inept or unproductive as J.W.pioneers.They should go green and not polute the Earth ,just park your cars.

Bob

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Pioneering...its a waste of time. I did it for more than 10 years.

• dozy
    dozy

"For the men......it helps them lusted after and laid by JW women." Hmm - didn't work in my case , unfortunately. Maybe if I'd applied for special pioneer status....!

An older (ex) friend has been put on the "infirm pioneer" list so that she can still be regarded as and have the title of a pioneer but doesn't need to do the hours. She didn't want to "come off" and felt that it was a "wonderful provision from Jehovah". I find this quite remarkable and just don't see the point - if you aren't doing the hours , you aren't a pioneer. It just underlines that it is simpy a prestige WTS title without any biblical basis.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I only aux'd for a month and it was terrible.

At the Aux/Reg pioneer meeting, the CO asked me, "Can I encourage you to pioneer?"

I told him he was welcome to try.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

OTWO......Yes, it is all about the coveted title. It's win-win as far as WTS is concerned. The organization wants the totally obedient slaves who never question them and the title-hungry ones want the prestige of being pioneers.

It makes you wonder if someone who needs posession of a ''Title' ....are they really lacking 'humility'.......because you really could do the hours without filling in the form.

Is having a title an idication of how 'captive' someone is to the org?.

Jazzbo.....yes, there are definitely steps to climb within the cong. and like Blondie pointed out, you are patted on the back and given publicity for something that 'brother nobody' does on a weekly basis,... but this new 'pioneer' would be viewed with far more importance and credibility because their name is on a piece of paper.

Aw snap...lol. The only pioneering Im doing is the anti-witness kind. In fact I would say I'm at 'special pioneer' status........Im so much better than all of you on here, more devoted, more important and much more evil. : )

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

DOZY....you couldnt come up with a better example than that..

• nugget
    nugget

In JW world there is no way to achieve aceptably outside of the cong. All those thwarted ambitions need an outlet and the society rewards people with meaningless titles. If you pioneer you have abased yourself more than most so you deserve the name pioneer. This reward for meaningless activity is relatively common for cults.

In our congregation we have recently lost our only 2 pioneers because they didn't meet the requirements. Their hours were fine they are a couple of poison pills. They still do the same number of hours but aren't allowed the title.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Like a chicken-shit fourth-world Country, the WTS doesn't have anything else to offer, so they reward the good soldiers with titles. No medals, though. They don't want people to "stand out."

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit