Washer blows up: Maybe I fed it too many socks?

by mamochan13 27 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Well my trusty washer has finally given up the ghost. For two years now, ever since my daughters and four grandchildren all moved back in with me, it's been subjected to two or three loads daily. Last month when all the grandkids had the flu we were up to six or seven loads a day. A bit much? Nah, it's gotta be the socks.

*sigh* researching replacements. Limited by the little problem of zero budget. Are front loads better than top loads? I need a real workhorse for cheap. Any suggestions?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You feed socks to your washer???

• metatron
    metatron

You didn't say what was wrong with it. Sometimes a sock can slip past the basket and plug the pump intake.

metatron

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh, and if you want to replace the washer you KILLED on the cheap, I suggest www.craigslist.org.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

The agitator broke on my washer last year, rather than buy a new washer I did a little research and spent $15 on a replacement part.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Are front loads better than top loads?'

Absolutely. Top loaders work by tugging the laundry back and forth. It only works so-so, and it's hard on the laundry. Top loaders work on the compression and release of the laundry by the laundry, itself. Since it's more efficient, bigger loads can be done w less water. Clothes come out cleaner.

S

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I have a black hole that follows me around and sucks in half of my socks!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I use a front loader. It uses less soap, less water, and less electricity. My clothes come out cleaner and they last longer . When I used my old top loader a new shirt would look like crap after 3 washes.

W

• Satanus
    Satanus

I just noticed that i made a mistake. I meant to say:

FRONT loaders work on the compression and release of the laundry by the laundry, itself. Since it's more efficient, bigger loads can be done w less water. Clothes come out cleaner.

S

• LucyA
    LucyA

I have a black hole that follows me around and sucks in half of my socks!

I have one that mangles my Bra's and mine are really expensive I'm a DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit