Calling all Americans!!!

by LucyA 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Although I don’t TRUST our pollies I would never withdraw my support without at least reading the legislation first.

One of the reasons we don't support a lot of our politicians regarding this "health" bill is due to the fact that most of them have NOT read the 2000+ page legislation - they just do as they're told by their party leaders. Obama promised transparency.... we're still waiting.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

People underestimate the power of the president. True, our Congress can pass laws. But, what would happen if I was president and a bill gets on my desk that requires Americans to buy health insurance or be fined and/or imprisoned? What if Codex Alimentarius (or some form of it) were to land on my desk? What would happen if Cap and Trade was to land on my desk, and nowhere in it was any initiative to develop nuclear fusion? What would happen if Congress passed a bill to end organic farming, or to sell out this country?

Yup, VETO.

Now, when is the last time Osama Obama has attempted to veto a bill that threatened to undermine our freedom? If these bills were going through Congress and the president were to start vetoing them on the grounds of their not being constitutional, it would give him something to be proud of. Even if Congress passes them again (and this time, it takes a 2/3 majority), at least the president would have shown a stand against this kind of tyranny.

What I have seen, instead, is that Osama Obama is in favor of these measures. It is Osama Obama that tried to get his "buy health insurance or get fined" laws through. He is in favor of Cap and Trade. He is in favor of "we are warming the planet", even after all the cumulative evidence that we are not has come out (some through hacked e-mails, some through older charts graphically demonstrating that the period from 1000-1300 AD was warmer than now, and some that Mars is also warming). He is in favor of Codex Alimentarius. He is trying to get destructive legislation through Congress, behind closed doors (so the congress people will not get voted out). He also supported the fake pandemic, trying to mandate H1N1 vaccinations even though most people were against forced vaccination (he was, however, unsuccessful at that).

True, both the Re-PUKE-licans and the DUMP-o-CRAPs are guilty. But, what I am seeing with this health sickness insurance scam is that the DUMP-o-CRAPs are the ones trying to ram it through. And, as narrow a passage it is likely to get (it barely passed the House), a veto would likely kill this monstrosity.

If this keeps up, I am going to reject both Re-PUKE-licans and DUMP-o-CRAPs, and vote a Twelve Visions Party member in as President. At least he will start vetoing bills that are stupid (or she, as the case may be).

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here's some new polling data to accompany this discussion. . .

Fifty-two percent (52%) of U.S. voters worry more that the federal government will do too much – rather than not enough – when it comes to the nation’s current economic problems. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 35% are more concerned that the government will not do enough. Thirteen percent (13%) are not sure.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/december_2009/52_worry_government_will_do_too_much

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

WT Wizard, I am so for universal health care for moral reasons, that I don't really give a crap about its labels. Because it's about people, families, kids, and health, we have to take care of this.

Now, as to the other items listed. I am doing more research before I comment further. I am reading up on the Muslim/Sharia issue in EU countries and also educating myself more on the world currency issue and its geo political implications.

Farkel, I know that our money isn't worth the paper its printed on. The thing is, no one has anything to back up their currency. Worldwide inflation is coming. Because I respect you, I will get into this a little further. Some of it i have read up on, but not all of it.

From an American point of view, the currency issues from all of this deficit spending is the most troublesome. I am not happy with what I see the EU either. Thats all for now.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

If the U.S. goverment was run as a private business, it's stocks would be worthless. The goverment is growing too big, too fast.This is the recipe for business failure. Disregarding the policies and programs that are being implemented, the changes cannot be managed proprerly.

In general, govermant employees are not the cream of the crop, if so, they would be working for far more compensation in the private sector.

This is not meant as an Obama or democrat bash, but if he was running a private firm he would be ousted already due to his lavish spending and minimal results.

Your Concientous Objector,

Tread

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Several hundred years ago we all got on boats and sailed across the Atlantic ocean to get away from oppressive governments.

-----------

lol...you traded that oppressive government for corporate leadership ....and included human trafficking along the way. It seems that running away from oppression gave freedom to a lot of people to carry on the oppression of others less fortunate.....just saying. I don't even think all Americans hate the government but they are certainly taught to fear and hate some forms of government. sammieswife.

• LucyA
    LucyA

Didn't two World Wars, the Crimean war, Nazi Germany and the various anti-self defense European nanny states teach you anything?

I swear to God, all the dumb people stayed in Europe and Asia and all the smart people came here

First of all CRR I'm Australian so in the only group of people you didn't insult is the one I belong to. Secondly if all you have too give in a discussion is thin and childish name calling I would recommend ABCKIDS.COM.AU. Thirdly I'm not stupid for simply asking a question I needed an answer too.

To every one else thankyou for your Genuine answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit