First Christmas until ruined by family Jdubs

by foolsparadise 14 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

We were having a wonderful Christmas until some relatives came to see us. We put away the tree and everything so they wouldnt b stumbled. I swear they came to see if we were doing anything non JW. Never again..........next time I leave anything out....they dont like it oh well I cant help u. You believe what u want and ill believe what i want.........bunch o judgmental hypocrites. Enjoy your oppressed life.......fools

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

oh I cant believe you put the tree away,. there is just no compromise. do they avoid shopping malls and TV at this time of year?

just be yourself, :) its all you can be xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Fools Paradise just read your first post - are you worried about being DF's and it's consequences? If not - flaunt that tree!!!!!

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

you shouldn't have put the tree away :(

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

yea you should have got Zombie to hide in the tree and scare away the visitors ;)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Next time leave the tree out. Tell them you'll discard the tree when they refuse to be paid for the holiday.

W

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Celebrating christmas is a learning experience, and part of it is defining how to take a stand with family JWs. For many many years my daughters have been afraid of their grandma and try to hide the fact that we celebrate. This year my 4-year-old granddaughter took matters into her own hands when she proudly told her great grandmother all about the tree that we were going to be putting up. She was so excited and happy and wanted to share her excitement - and of course my mother responded, "That's disgusting". But I believe its much better to have it out in the open and not live a lie. To me, hiding it is almost an admission that I feel I'm doing something wrong, when I'm not.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Foolsparadise....

How in the heck did you get a Christmas tree put away that fast??????!!!!

It takes me an entire day to get mine down.

Sorry you went through this panic situation.

r.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Stumbled"..

LOL!!..

Any JW that does`nt like what I do..

Is welcome to fall down a flight of stairs..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

restrangled: "How in the heck did you get a Christmas tree put away that fast??????!!!!"

Easy. Just invest in a "bachelor Christmas tree". In hardly a minute, you have your whole house decorated for the holidays!

Instant Xmas tree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit