We might have awakened to another mass murder this AM...

by Gregor 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

...thankfully the terrorist was unsuccessful in blowing up a plane full of innocent people on Christmas day. Still a horrible reality.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Gregor, that was shocking. I was wondering how he got on the plane with enough stuff to make and light explosives.

It seems just recently they allowed lighters again. I've got to admit, as a smoker, I was always able to get on with lighters in my purse, or front jeans pocket. They were too worried about shoes, and shampoo, perfume, and shaving cream.

They might need to start adding dogs for scent detection. It wouldn't be any more time consuming, considering we stand in those long snaking lines while everyone removes their shoes and jackets.

r.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

He obviously wanted to get his 32 virgins in heaven, what men will do just to have sex .....sheesh

A dumb 23 yr. old will spend 25 years in a jail cell or more and he wont be getting any virgins.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

A dumb 23 yr. old will spend 25 years in a jail cell or more and he wont be getting any virgins.

He wont remain one for long either now

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

He obviously wanted to get his 32 virgins in heaven

not to nit pick but it's 72, but who wants virgins give me sluts!! LOL!

• Gregor
    Gregor

From what has been revealed so far his bomb did not need a flame to detonate as it was based on a chemical reaction between a powder and a liquid. Apparently the powder was concealed under his pant leg and he used a hypo needle to inject the liquid. Burned the tar out of his worthless Islamic leg.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm so happy that the war on terror and the war against Islamic extremists is over at last. Perhaps the TSA can stop the special screening of little old ladies and WWII veterans.

On a more serious note, I'm thankful that this guy was evidently a lousy bomb maker. The device failed to detonate, according to one report.

One of the U.S. intelligence officials said the explosive device was a mix of powder and liquid. It failed when the passenger tried to detonate it.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2009/12/ap_sources_al-qaida_link_in_failed_plane_attack_1.php?ref=fpa

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I guess we have to wait to find out just how the guy got the needle and the liquid through the airport at Amsterdam.

They are implementing additional searches at the boarding stages now - just before you get on, it is my understanding that all carry on luggage and I assume purses etc, will be inspected by hand. Right now, I put them all through the scanners and even then I've had a few containers over the 3 oz limit confiscated (they were 3.5)...but after that apparently they will further inspected by hand. Hearing this, I assumed that the guy managed to smuggle something on in his carry-on that wasn't found at the security check point and then perhaps went into a rest room or something to finish setting up his apparatus - knowing full well that there would not be additional security before boarding.

sammieswife.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I feel sorry for the rest of the passengers, you can best assume they wont be traveling to Amsterdam any time soon.

It also highlights the potential of people attaching explosive materials to their bodies undetected.

It may eventually have to come to a situation of custom officials to use dog sniffers......I dread the thought !

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

They need to start doing random pat downs at the least. And I know they have a thing where you walk though and it puffs air on you to check for explosive residue and have a bomb sniffing dog walking through the security area. I know they have dogs checking for produce walking around checking for that smuggle banana...they really need to have bomb dogs walking the place these days. I know my suitcase once tested postive for explosives. There were no explosives in it.. and they turned that thing in sideout. I think it was resuidue that came off my dads hunting coat that got on the suitcase cause there stored near each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit