The Funniest Reporting Story I've Ever Heard!

by God_Delusion 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Open Mind recently posted the thread "Honesty-in-Field-Service-Reports" in relation to the borg requesting that all brothers & sisters report their time honestly.

Well, a dub friend of mine recently told me the following story. I'd also like to add that the CO has also added the following story in his talks as the bit of humour all CO's are required to do in order to make sure that the audience is still awake.

Here goes.......

A sister had a dream that she had a great day out on the ministry. It was so good, that she worked out how long she was asleep (8 hours) and added the 8 hours to her monthly report.

Now, some of you may think that's funny? I know that I do, but I've not reached the funny part yet.

The sister that had the dream, approached a sister in her congregation. You see, the sister that had the dream, wasn't alone in the dream. She (in the dream) spent the day with another sister (the sister she approached). Upon telling the sister that the two of them had a wonderful 8 hours of field service in a dream, the sister, who didn't even have the dream, also put down the 8 hours.

Now that my friends, is a classic!

"If you report it, they will come"

• SoCal101
    SoCal101

I still have nightmares of going in service..

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Well, hopefully the above "experience" can cheer you up SoCal101.

• nugget
    nugget

Had I known it was that easy I'd have pioneered every month.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember one sister who pioneered and worked full time. No one ever saw her out very often. She always made her time

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I remember one sister who pioneered and worked full time. No one ever saw her out very often. She always made her time

I knew one of those. The service overseer told her it was okay to put the mags on her desk at work in a common walk-through area then count the time. People walked by and saw the mags, so she was "preaching." I only wish I was kidding. Same woman, when told by the C.O. she could no longer do that, started going out at 5 AM for a few hours before work, but made sure she got home before her very young child woke up to realize he was home alone.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Our COBE's son (an arrogant twonk!!!) Auxillary pioneered this year. No saw him out on FS for the whole month. He worked everyday, taking no time off, he still managed to get 70hrs in. I reckon he must have had quite a few of those dreams.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Makes sense. Afterall, a lot of the stuff on which they base their world view is based on dreams that ended up in the bible.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit