LONGO IS OPP TO EXPLAIN SHUNNING TO NEWS MEDIA

by MadApostate 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Lisa:

I am on board with you on this subject. So far, the evidence is speculative. All we "claim" to know is he probably murdered his family and was removed from the local congregation. That's it. No more, no less.

It is unfair and immature to start a bandwagon out of this situation to begin maligning his parents and the local JW's. When there is ACTUAL DOCUMENTED evidence we can see, touch, feel, read, we all rise to the occasion. But grandstanding for pleasure and attention is annoying and unecessary.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

LisaDumbHeifer (and U.R.Stupid):

I see that you are still seeing red from that spanking you took on your idiotic thread re "CircuitLeasing".

Anyone with elementary school level reading and comprehension skills can read my initial post and see that I said:

... JW SHUNNING may very well have been the driving force
    behind Longo's downhill slid which finally climaxed in an act of mass-murder.I further stated:

... me suspects that Longo's Elder-father likely followed the WTS's unwritten/unadvertised policy of "total shunning".

Now, if you two jokers can't see "speculation" in that post, then that's your own problem.

Further, anyone with half a brain will understand that the only way it will ever be determined if "shunning" was partially responsible for Longo's mental state will be for such "angle" to be investigated by members of the media.

AND, for that to happen, someone has to point them in that direction.

NOW, GO CHANGE A DIAPER!!!

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Mooooooo!!!!

... I would have you on fucking slander charges so fast your head would spin.

Ignoring the word "fucking", will you please educate me as to how someone can be "had" on "slander charges"?

That's a new one to me.

Do the cops just write me a ticket, or do they arrest me "on slander charges" if I say LDH is a "ignorant idiot"?

Ooooops! Poor example, the truth is an absolute defense.

Well, you get the point.

Please explain...

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

One can only wonder whether "Dr. Charles Patrick Ewing, a professor of law and psychology in Buffalo, N.Y." is more than vaguely familiar with JW culture and "shunning"?

-----------------------------------------------

Experts: Longo has traits of killer

Suspect fits the profile for familicide, say criminology experts.

ALEX DAVIS
    Statesman Journal

December 29

A combination of stress, depression and a romanticized vision of family contributes to the majority of cases in which a parent kills his or her spouse and children, national criminology experts said Friday.

Those characteristics, usually found in white males in their 30s and 40s, match the profile of Christian Michael Longo almost perfectly, said Dr. Charles Patrick Ewing, a professor of law and psychology in Buffalo, N.Y.

Even before police issued an arrest warrant for Longo late Friday afternoon, evidence found along the Oregon Coast pointed to a family member, said Ewing, who teaches at the State University of New York at Buffalo.

"It's virtually always another family member," Ewing said. "It's extremely rare to see an entire family killed by an outsider. There's not the motive or the opportunity."

Longo, 27, faces four charges of aggravated murder for the deaths of his wife, Mary Jane, and three young children. Their bodies were pulled from Yaquina Bay and a nearby Waldport slough over the past week.

Ewing said men who commit familicide — the killing of an entire family — usually are extremely controlling and picture themselves as so central to the family's existence that other members couldn't live without them. When the control is challenged, or the ability to support the family is lost, they resort to extreme measures.

"Their initial impulse is suicidal," said Ewing, a forensic psychologist. "They're men who have experienced the loss of job and financial ability. They reach the conclusion that their family would be better off dead than without them."

When Christian Longo moved to Oregon in early September, he left a trail of debt and petty crime in Michigan. The Ann Arbor News reported Friday that he owed more than $60,000, half of which was restitution for several forgery convictions. He also was accused of stealing two crab rings worth $50 in Lincoln County, and of lying about where he worked.

The handful of U.S. familicide cases each year are usually committed by men, who in turn kill themselves. Ewing said women can commit familicide, too, although it's far less common and they usually turn themselves in to police soon after.

One of the nation's most famous cases of familicide has local ties. Jeffrey MacDonald — an Army surgeon convicted of killing his wife and two daughters — is serving three life sentences at the federal prison in Sheridan.

MacDonald has maintained his innocence since the morning of Feb. 17, 1970, when military police at Fort Bragg, N.C., discovered the bloody bodies of his pregnant wife, Colette, 26, and the couple's children, Kimberly, 5, and Kristen, 2, hacked and bludgeoned in their bedrooms. MacDonald himself was found unconscious, with multiple stab wounds.

The murders and the resulting trail were the subject of author Joe McGinniss' best-selling book, "Fatal Vision," and a made-for-TV movie of the same name.

While police continue to search for Christian Longo along the Oregon Coast and the San Francisco area — where he was last spotted around Dec. 26 — others cautioned that the case is far from closed.

Bill Gaut, a retired homicide detective in Naples, Fla., said good detectives solve cases by refusing to jump to conclusions, even when statistics point in a particular direction. Gaut, who worked in law enforcement for 25 years in Birmingham, Ala., said about 80 percent of all homicides are committed by family members or friends.

"The main thing is, you don't draw immediate conclusions," Gaut said.

"If you do, you have a tendency to develop evidence that supports that theory. That leads lots of rookie investigators to dead ends."

That could explain why police waited several days before issuing the arrest warrant for Longo.

Most law enforcement agencies throw all their available resources at a homicide case in the first three days, Gaut said. Lincoln County law enforcement task forces said they'd devoted about one-third of their 70-member agency to the case as of Friday.

If the case isn't solved after 72 hours, Gaut said the "solvability rate" goes down drastically. He said the discovery of the bodies of Longo's wife and 2-year-old daughter Thursday likely added fresh evidence to the case.

Alex Davis can be reached at (503) 589-6941.

[email protected]

. http://news.statesmanjournal.com/article.cfm?i=35247

• FreePeace
    FreePeace
    Yeah, yeah, brainwashed...whatever. The same line over and over again. Can't you come up with something original?

Yes I can. How about "Mind-Fucked" because that's exactly what it is. However, it can be overcome.

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

For any readers who may have been discouraged by the troll LDH's comments above, please refer to this thread:

. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=16702&site=3

which demonstrates what can be accomplished when local folks communicate with their local media regarding JW issues.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

MA,

I am sorry, but you're sinking into ever lower depths with every passing post. You are letting your blind hatred of JWs becloud your reasoning, reasoning as to the possibility that:

- Longo's parents may have been as supportive as they possibly could;
    - Longo's parents must feel a huge sense of loss and bewilderment as to what their son may have done;
    - the WT shunning policy may have nothing to do with this crime, not even remotely;
    - you're being totally unfair asking that a campaign be opened over an as yet unsubstantiated issue; etc.
    - Longo, if indeed he committed this crime, is the first to be held responsible....

You are letting your hatred of the WTBTS consume your human decency. All said, that's really pathetic.

pc

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

PrinceObvious:

For anyone who doesn't already know such, Prince is likely just a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. "posting account" for one of those "insiders" that just can't bear the thought that someone who refuses to join their clique can have SUCCESS fighting the WTS.

AS I POINTED OUT in my reply to the TROLL LDH, the continuing LONGO DRAMA presents an opportunity to explain "JW Shunning" to the Media. Whether or not shunning played a role in Christian Longo's downhill slide which culminated in mass-murder is OBVIOUSLY something that could only be determined after further investigation.

Whether or not it did, the Media will still get an education on this subject.

NOW, whether anyone here wishes to write to one or more of the dozens of newspapers, television stations, etc. THAT IS UP TO THEM.

Just like the scandal that the WTS has been obtaining tax dollars (directly and indirectly) to subsidize Conventions, I will work with folks who can get things done.

Readers can help wth one or both of these issues, or they can sit arond here pissing and moaning.

THE WORK will get done whether people here help or not. It's whatever your conscience allows. You can be a spectator or you can be a player, OR you can be a TROLL like LDH, UR, Prince, their buddies, and their numerous additional identities.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

MA said:

For anyone who doesn't already know such, Prince is likely just a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. "posting account" for one of those "insiders" that just can't bear the thought that someone who refuses to join their clique can have SUCCESS fighting the WTS.

My response:

Hogwash. There is only one "princecharmant" that posts on this board, and I belong to no clique.

pc

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

MadA,

Just like the scandal that the WTS has been obtaining tax dollars (directly and indirectly) to subsidize Conventions, I will work with folks who can get things done.

Oh Really!

Why don't you just drop the 'Apostate' part of your handle and be done with it.

Will Mad bring the WTS to its knees before his mother grounds him? Check your next 'National Enquirer' for details.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit