Christmas & JW objection

by Luo bou to 26 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

When Christ was born to this earth there was celebration, just as there were celebrations for other pagan gods.

Of course December 25 was not the day of Christ's birth, but the bible does not say anything against the celebrating of

one individuals birthday. The do not celebrate any birthday is a WTS only invention , the only thing that a true Christian could

guide themselves on this matter is following Jesus greatest commandment and you all know what that is don't you ?

The WTS. is a Publishing Company/Corporation that has with intension in mind to pretentiously set themselves up as

god's voice on earth, but they are no where near bible scholars or well studied theologians .

JWS are far from the truth that they hold on to themselves.

To crack open the truth of the WTS. in contrary to what they say who and what they are would

cause this self made kingdom to fall and a few men would lose their power and their source of money.

• lgadsden
    lgadsden

BLUES BROTHER TO YOUR RESPONSE AS FAR AS INTERPRETATION THE BIBLE CLEARLY STATES THAT NO INTERPRETATION SPRINGS FROM MAN. SO HTE FACT THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE WE HAVE ACCESS TO THE COMPLETE BIBLE . IT NO LONGER NEEDS TO BE INTERPRETED FOR US. I BELIEVE THE MAIN REASON FOR SO MUCH PUSH BACK WHEN IT COMES TO THE WTS IS THE FACT THAT IT S ADVISE CLSHES WITH SO MANY OF THE THINGS HUMANS FEEL LIKE THEY SHOULD BE FREE TO DO WITHOUT BEING HIT OVER THE HEAD BY THE WTS. SIT BACK AND REALLY THINK ABOUT WHAT IT IS THAT U R BEING ADVISED TO GUARD AGAINST( FORNICATION,SLEEPING AROUND WHEN MARRIED, BLOOD TRANSFUSION- AIDS ETC, ) ARE THESE THINGS GODD FOR US? THE BIBLE IS A MIRROR WHEN YOU LOOK IN TO IT YOU CAN CLEAN OFF YOUR FACE AND BECOME DECENT OR YOU CAN THROW IT ASIDE AND GO OUT THE DOOR ANYHOW. WHEN THE LATTER IS CHOSEN IT DOENT MEAN THAT THE BLEMISHES ARE NO LONGER THER IT ONLY MEANS THAT U HAVE TO SLATHER A LOAD OF CRAP ON YOUR FACE TO SEEM PRESENTABLE( SELF JUSTIFICATION TO CONTINUE WHAT YOU KNOW TO BE WRONG)

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Uh, lgadsden...suddenly you're changing the subject. Is that because Mrs. Jones made a point you can't counter from the Bible?

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

September 22, 2003, Awake!, page 24 , 'The Piñata - An Ancient Tradition' :

"We found that for many people in Mexico, the piñata has lost its religious significance and is considered by most to be just harmless fun...A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues."

• No-Rap-Crap
    No-Rap-Crap

JW's are almost correct in their reason to not celebrate Christ-mass. The actual reason is this world is Satans world. 1st John clearly says the whole world lies in the power of Satan as this is his world. Satan offered Jesus all of the authority of this world, gov't as well as all of the false religion as this is just as much authority as the satanic gov't that he controls so anyone who celebrates there birth into this world is celebrating their birth into satans world. To celebrate the birth of Jesus would be to celebrate his birth into satans world. Clearly he does not want his birth to be celebrated into this world.

Therefore it would be of no value to know the exact day that he was born even right down to the hour, minute andsecond. He clearly says that his kingdom is not of this world as this is satans world waiting to be destroyed. Those who celebrate their own birth and that of their children is wrong. It shows that those who celebrate their birthday are satans people. That is why Solomon says that the day of death is better then the day of birth. Death gets one out of satans world hopefully. If you celebrate your birth into satans world than that is who you belong to. The celebrating of birthdays goes all the way back to Nimrod, the first to openly oppose God. He was satans and if you celebrate your birth and that of your children then you are satans but don't try to make Jesus to be as you are.

• Juli
    Juli

I hope any Witness that feels this way about the birth of a child gets sterilized as quickly as possible. NO child deserves to be born into a situation where from infancy they are looked upon as the devil's property. Shades of the movie 'Carrie"!

The only reason the Watchtower eschews celebrating birthdays is that it is one more isolationist tactic to destroy a child's sense of himself and having nothing to look forward to in life but the death of anyone not just like his parents. It is an "initiation rite" into the cult to learn to swallow such claptrap and attribute it to God's will. By blaming the desire to celebrate life and joy on "pride" and being a part of 'Satan's World" they effectively further destroy the ability to experience happiness and a love of God based on anything but fear and self loathing. The Watchtower repalces nattural love and affection with the most unwholesome, insidious sort of conditional false "love". Sickens me to even contemplate it.

No Rap, PLEASE don't reproduce - your views should end with you.

• jdhf
    jdhf

Juli, I agree with you totally....

I have been a witness for officially 15 years this year and have unofficially left as of last summer....official exit pending.. anyway, I forwent celebrating my 2 daughters' birthdays and xmas etc., as I had faith the the WTS really knew what they were telling us to do. Thing is, I DID really believe that they were Jehovah's spokesmen and trusted them. I had loved b'days and not from a material point of view, but a personal one. my daughters never knew what it was like to have one and this year they will have their first. I have done lots of research on the subject and looked at many points of wiew, both secular and religious. I so not consider myself a pagan, and neither does my family. Both of my girls nearly died at various times in their lives from serious illness, and although I love them with all my heart every day, I want to celebrate the very day that I was blessed by them entering my live. We all do so many things that would have originally have had roots in paganism, and if we were to scrutinize everything...we simply wouldn't do very much.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

jdhf....welcome ,and very good point made !

I was raised as a witness and after 44 yrs walked away from it all . I now celebrate life which means to me celebrating the happiest moments of my life... when my kids were born . I also celebrate Christmas now too and it has become a heart warming time to make new memories with family and friends .

Witness life was full of negativity and life is just to short for that kind of outlook .

No-Rap-crap I do not agree with your reasoning . The Angels rejoiced in heaven over Jesus earthly birth ! Your view is cynical at best and depressing .

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

It's amazing how emotions and bias get in the way of reasoning so quickly.

1) Banning Christmas because it's a birthday is stupid. I have stated many times here I see no scriptural basis for the ban on birthday celebrations.

2) The pagan-origin reason is crap as many of you have well pointed.

3) The World-is controlled-by-Satan reason is also BS (By that token JW's shouldn't watch the SuperBowl or the World Cup, or watch TV)

But my reason for not celebrating Christmas is not that it's a birthday, or pagan or worldly: It's because Jesus WAS NOT born on Dec 25th. Period! The reason behind Christmas is Jesus' birth. If you don't believe the Bible, why would you want to celebrate his birth? And if you do accept the Bible you have to admit he was not born on such date.

I'm no JW apologist (hard to swallow, i know, since I'm an active JW), but I think JW's have a solid, reasonable cause for not celebrating christmas. But by giving lame, weak and stupid reasons (like the three I listed above) WTS has weakened the real reason.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Almost all tradtions we have, including the JW's, have pagan backgrounds do that is irrelevant.

Regardless of the reason dec 25th was choosen, it is NOW the day we choose to celebrate the anniversary of the Birth of Jesus, whether he was born on Dec 25th or not is irrelvant for we do NOT celebrate the date, but the event.

Satan is NOT the ruler of this world unless what Jesus said in Matthew was wrong ( Al pwer and authority in heaven and earth has been given to Jesus) and what Jesus said in the Gospel of John ( Now the ruler of this world has been cast out).

When Jesus was born the angels sang out in celebration, nothing wrong with that.

If someone choose NOT to celebrate Christmas that is fine, their choice.

If someone chooses to celebrate it, thatis fine too, it is theri choice.

Right and wrong have ZERO to do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit