Working for a JW, what a horrible experience...

by HappyGuy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

On the flip side- I was a JW employer. My witness employees made more, worked less and felt entitiled.

Also, many in the congo knew my personal business that really was none of their business.

It does go both ways. ( it also shows how this religion screws people up)

I will never knowingly hire a JW again!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the big negative for having business relation with any jw is: you cannot sue them with the threat from elders to take away your privileges and mark you!

they will have power over you, beware!

• logic
    logic

I realize that not all jws employers are horrible but my all my experiences with them were bad including

when my son worked for them . He had three jws who would not pay him because they said

they did not have the money. Two of them were building contractors. I had him take both to

authorities and both had to pay all wages plus for the days up untill he was paid , maximum 30

days, he got the 30 days both times. The other jw I talked to and informed them they were

breaking laws ( not paying on specified pay days) they also paid same day.

I told him before not to work for jws, he had to learn the hard way. jws seem to have their

own rules.

many jws I know have had the same problem.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I cleaned pools for a week under a JW boss. It was a highly depressing week and I am forever cured of wanting to clean pools.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

on the flip side. i had a jw work for me once. i would rather be shot in the head than do that again. we gave time off work by length ofemployment. she would wait till the last minute to put in for the district convention every year and one year she came to me a few days before and said she needed off. i told her the time off was booked up but if someone wanted to switch she could try that. she told me it was my problem as boss and she was not coming in and if i forced the issue, she would take me to the human resource department. in the end, she quit but it was bad. to this day, i avoid her like she has leprosy.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

sorry treadnh2o. i missed your post. sucked being on either side of the jw fence, especially the boss side.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I know conditions at the jah Jireh Homes were abysmal. minimum wage, power tripping bosses. I used to work for witnesses as a cleaner, back when I was in my early twenties, they were ok though. _ I know one who went and opened a sweatshop in malaysia... so much for keeping your eye simple hey?

dont you just love how they would say,.. just because you are rich it doesnt make you materialistic..

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I had an elder work for me. He'd wait till the vacation picks were finished and then demand time off for assemblies. Someone else already had that week but he'd kick up a fuss and demand "religious accomodation." Why didn't he put in for assembly weeks when it was his turn to pick? Eventually our labor department said we had to give it to him so there was no trouble. What a pain he was and everybody thought he was a real jerk! Some said if that was how people from the Kingdom Hall acted, they'd never go there because of him.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I owned a business with two partners at one time that employed about 30 JW's. 1st of all, I did not have the underpay mentality. Worldly partner did not either. JW elder partner did. Underpay and exploit. We constantlry had to clean up his work ethics. I really did try to make it a great working enviroment. However, this is what I faced.

Because I owned a business, everyone thought I was Donald Trump. I was viewed as the enemy and I constantly had to deal with people trying to take advantage. One Elder figured out that if he clocked in 1 minute early, he got an extra hour. And the same at check out.

I noticed that payroll went through the roof so we did an audit and found the error. Then we found the original person who figured it out.

All The "Worldly" employees saw the error and apologized. I let them keep it. Alll but one JW got indignant and wanted to make it a congregational matter. I said go for it and deducted the overpaid wages.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember meeting a woman on field circus, who told us why she would never join mean people like the witlesses.

Her husband had been employed by a witless-owned building company.

He had died of a heart attack in the course of the morning.

His employer ascertained the time he had dropped to the floor (about 10. 40 -ish?) And gave her his wages up to the very second. (Not even for the full morning)

They didnt even send flowers to the funeral.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit