Would the WATCHTOWER sell a Kingdom Hall to the Catholic Church? YES!

by Nathan Natas 15 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

which proves its only a building

so when I go to another church and admire the stained glass, magnificent artwork, woodworking,

its only a building to me.

purps

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt leadership knows that the kinghall is only a building. But, they have their people act out a dedication meeting/talk that suggests that it's becoming the property of their god. Why bother? It's a mind fuck.

S

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

But I thought Babble on the Grape had already fallen...?

How could the House of JAH fall into the hands of bloodguilty Christendom??

• Room 215
    Room 215

All of this reinforces how money influences so many of their policies. It's invariably the hidden agenda behind, for example, why the baptism vows were changed in 1985; why DF announcements avoid mention of the reasons; why they perpetuate the myth of congregational autonomy; why they caution elders never to say they acted on the advice of Brooklyn/Patterson, etc. In all of these cases just lurking beneath the surface it's money and insulation from leagal liability. What other religious organization of comparablesize has such a large legal department?

• undercover
    undercover

A Kingdom Hall that I attended and helped build is now a Baptist church.

Another KH I went to is now student housing for a local college.

The wt leadership knows that the kinghall is only a building. But, they have their people act out a dedication meeting/talk that suggests that it's becoming the property of their god. Why bother? It's a mind fuck.

Good point. I have observed over the years how they coerce everyone to come out and give time and money to build a new hall and then go on and on about dedicating the building to Jehovah. Then some years later when it's time to sell the property and make a profit on it, everyone is reminded that it's just a building and the congregation is what's important, not the building.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

i know personally that the Kingdom Hall in question here had dry rot and was filled with every sort of rats and vermin imaginable

Wow, so the brothers did a really lousy job of caring for Jehovahs house, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit