How Many "Householders" Did You Bring...

by teenyuck 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

None, hopefully.

My parents, in 34 years in, three people. One of whom was df'd, the others are having doubts. (My parents don't know I still talk to them, and would likely warn them of my 'apostate' leanings.)

And us three kids, none of whom want anything to do with it.

Lisa

• Hojon
    Hojon

Dave-

That's the thing I noticed, whenever I talked to someone at the door that was really into it they always knew the bible better than I did. I generally felt pretty stupid trying to talk to them about it when it was clear they knew it better than me. Of course at the time I had convinced myself that I still knew "the Truth" while they were blinded by Satan blah blah blah you know how it goes when we justify something to ourselves.

Now that I'm out I can see that they actually did read the bible, I just read the Watchtower.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hojon-

That is what I felt. I never really knew as much as the person at the door. Especially since they were adults and I was a kid. Stupid. I am glad I am out.

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Unfortunately, because of me, my then best friend is now a dub. We worked together and I always talked to her about the 'truth', then finally I asked her to go to a meeting with me. She speaks spanish so I took her to the Spanish congrgation in her town. That's all she wrote, from that time on she started studying with one of the Spanish speaking members.

I also got my best friend in the whole world, Mattie, to start studying with them, but I am trying to help her know that it was all a big mistake. I think she is starting to believe me. I don't want to lose her, we have been friends for 17 years.

Keep you fingers crossed for me.

Lilacs

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt
  • TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Zero, nada, zilch.

"I must stand up in search of the truth, if I don't I only roll with the flow of the lie and make it stronger.
    ---Sovereign---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit