How Many "Householders" Did You Bring...

by teenyuck 14 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Just curious...after a long discussion with my mother on her 34 year career as a faithful JW, I asked her how many people she brought in, not counting my sister, myself, my father? Her answer-4.

4 in 34 years.

Since I started going door to door at age 5 until age 18, I never had a bible study with anyone. 13 years and not one sole saved!

Hence my question, how many did any of you bring in to the borg?
    Follow up, do you talk to those you brought in about any doubts you now have?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

15 years as a publisher, and the number is 0
    15 years for my mother, and the number is 0
    25 years for my father, and the number is 0
    15 for my wife, and the number is 0
    21 years for my wife's mother, and the number is 0
    8 years for my wife's father, and the number is 0

What a worthless, ridiculous work.

ashi

• Mum
    Mum

One cousin, then his parents, one stranger/householder, God forgive me.

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• Sky
    Sky

Unfortunately, I brought in 1. And quite ridiculously, she just got baptized so we could be friends. Now she is full fledged JW. Calles me an apostate and everything.
    It makesme quite sad to think sometimes, that i thought I was gaining a friend by bringing her in, but in the end, I lost a friend by bringing her in.
    Kisses,
    Sky

• Mulan
    Mulan

From door to door work, we brought in two couples, who eventually had children. One couple is still active, and the other one is divorced, with only the wife still a dub. Both men became elders too.

The others we studied with were usually people from work, or referrals from family or friends. A few walked into the KH and asked for a study, and we were there to be asked. The men all became elders. I guess we did a good job. Most are still dubs. I think we counted over 20 all together..........within about 25 year time frame.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Today, there are three elders and two publishers who succumbed to my charismatic witchpower wizardry!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Sky-I am so sorry you lost your friend. Hopefully she will see the light and get out.

Mulan-You were crankin'!

I am amazed at the amount of time we all spent for so little. Every Saturday, Sunday and Holiday we went in service. At least 2 hours. I should have been doing homework!

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I'm trying to remeber! Seven that I know for sure. One was a family with three kids but I'm only counting the adults. I was well on my way to bringing another one in when I finally made my decision. I talked him out of it and so far no one has been able to convince him otherwise.

• RR
    RR

Five in ten years and I took them with me when I left. Their ALl sda's now.

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Wow, you guys must not have gone where the need was great!
    What a sad lot of EX-JW's no wonder you all left....just kidding LOL.

I did a lot of that preachin at people trying to convert them to what they "should" have believed. I never got one either, but I ran into so many other people who had such strong faith it really shook me up, because a lot of the people who did talk to me had a much firmer grasp of reality then I did, and a lot stronger spirituality.

Seems like in a whole congregation there was usually some new family there but most never stayed. A few did, we got more influx after the hall was built but it quickly subsided. Then many of the kids began leaving then I left, I don't know who is left or who is running the place anymore. There is still a core group of hard liners, I think of em kind of like old hard line Communists, hardened from expierence. All the battle scars they have from kicking people out and looking down everytime they go to town, thier necks must be wearing out by now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit