Come all Ye' Faithful... and tell us how God has answered

by AK - Jeff 102 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

You believe this purps? Just asking.

Jeff

• undercover
    undercover
    No offense Syl, but what answer did I get?

That you can endure it?

I honestly don't see why or how God could answer like that.

Ask Him.

What a cop out answer...

Dear Jeff....thanks for praying to me, but at this current time we're kinda busy up here. But we see that you are one tough guy, so we're going to advise that you hang tough, you'll get through it.

Thanks for your request,

God.

Gee, thanks God. I feel much better now that I know I can get through this by myself. So why is it I even pray to you then?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    snowbirdRe: Who believes in the POWER OF PRAYER????? posted 13 days ago (12/10/2009)

Post 11753 of 11992
    Since 5/2/2007

Caedes, earlier I typed out a nice, long reply and lost it! I will try to recreate what I originally said.

I have not been given preferential treatment by God or anyone else.

I was born into extreme poverty, the kind you see in Third World countries.

I've gone to bed hungry; seen a beloved sister miss a year of school due to not having shoes; watched my father and two brothers succumb to alcoholism and die early deaths.

At an early age, I learned to call on God for strength to deal with our situation.

I know He heard and answered! While the plight of others in dire circumstances tear at my heart, I take comfort in His assurance that He's going to make things right.

Now, let me ask YOU a question: Have any other gods made a like promise?

Sylvia

I posted this in reply to Caedes on the above thread.

Perhaps this will help a little.

Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

1 Chronicles 5:20 (New International Version)

20 They were helped in fighting them, and God handed the Hagrites and all their allies over to them, because they cried out to him during the battle. He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him.

Why is God willing to help these men kill others after they prayed? But not stop the cancer that is killing a 4 year old precious son?

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't doubt that you feel your prayers were answered Sylvia. I felt mine had been answered the day I became one of Jehovah's Witnesses too. It was all emotion. I know that no God in his right mind would have answered my prayer by putting me in the middle of THAT.

Jeff

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

You believe this purps? Just asking.

Jeff

I am just telling you what the bible says,

It seems we are caught up in a script that we can't/won't work out way out of.

So we accept the terrible things that occur in fullfillment of "gods" will.

It's like swimming upstream, constantly.

I bought out of the BS some time ago.

As an observer is very sad see what is happening.

It's not drinking JW kool-aide its drinking the whole GOD kool-aide.

God is our majick, and our excuse for the horrible things we do to ourselves, each other and the planet.

purps

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe bitter trials can make some of us more compassionate.

Ever talked about your situation to others and found out they're dealing with something similar or worse?

I certainly have.

Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    It's not drinking JW kool-aide its drinking the whole GOD kool-aide.

Almost identical to the words I just spoke to my wife 30 seconds ago. Well put.

Jeff

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Why is God willing to help these men kill others after they prayed? But not stop the cancer that is killing a 4 year old precious son?
    Jeff

You think God helps ANYONE to kill another ?

Nope, that is OT hogwash, biblical excuses written by men to justify their atrocites.

Jeff, no answer given will satisify you.

Why does God not listen or answers prayers?

Till that to the family that prays for their child to survive cancer and the child does and is going on 10 years when the doctors said 1 would be a blessing.

But to accept that, we have to accept that God doesn't answer ALL the prayers and that makes us ask why?

And the answer to that, I don't have and wish I did.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Ever talked about your situation to others and found out they're dealing with something similar or worse?

Yes I have. In me it just compounds the frustration. It creates awareness that God is doing precisely what I suspected he is doing - NOTHING - and he is doing it for everyone.

Honestly, how is that circle supposed bring my close to God? I don't get that.

Regarding endurance - what choice do we have? We endure or we die because we didn't endure. God does not show in either case.

I ask these questions honestly. I really do. I am glad some have faith. But I cant find any reason for it.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit