Come all Ye' Faithful... and tell us how God has answered

by AK - Jeff 102 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Prayer.

Billions of people have been praying for hundreds of years for peace. Other billions pray for happiness for mankind. Not one evidence exists that He hears or that He cares.

Can anyone provide solid evidence that God answers prayers. EVER?

Jeff

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Come on!!! Let me get this straight.

You pick 2 days before christmas "an important christian festival for many" to start a debate on how God does not answer prayers?????

lol :¬)

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

*coughs* PAGAN HOLIDAY......... but we really should save that for a different thread

Can anyone provide solid evidence that God answers prayers. EVER?

Nope! but I'll be checking in to see others comments...

• Decided
    Decided

If things don't get better you can't blame God, but if things do get better you can blame God. That's the way prayer works in churches.

Ken P.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

apparently if you win a reality show, super bowl or an oscar, prayers are answered all the time

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Jeff:

This one is troubling for me, as I am unable to account for the unanswered prayers of others. This is taking into consideration the numerous ways in which God has allegedly abandoned many of the members of JWN. They are angry and bitter, and, as they ponder the misery of their former JW experience, I will not question or judge them.

I am unemployed. Yet week after week enough money comes in to pay that week's bills, often to the dollar. I am not homeless and will continue having a roof over my head. I have no automobile of my own but now have wheels. I am known among my peers to say "Jehovah provides." Or "the Lord." Or "the Universe." I am, by nature and nurture, a guy Pollyanna. Maybe none of the above proves a thing, objectively speaking. Focus on the personal fulfillment of Matthew 6:33 is paramount with me; however, my understanding and application of that verse is not that of the WTB&TS. It's more universalist in outlook. Help others and it will come back to you - so often in the most unexpected manner.

My perspective is very narrow, I realize, and does not address why God ignores prayers in the broad scope discussed here on JWN.

Given how I've changed - grown up - I have no compulsion to convince others for or against anything. Sharing our thoughts and experiences with others is all we can do. Thanks for the opportunity.

I will not pray to become a bestselling writer, but I can hope and work toward publication. You can relate to that, right, Jeff?

CoCo

• Walkin
    Walkin

AK-JEFF. More important than personal prayers, request's etc. is the one and only King of all prayers. The Our Father Prayer! What happened to it? Thousands of years and untold number of persons has begged, pleaded,and cried out, for it's fulfillment. The key request, "THY KINGDOM COME". Why thousands of years to answer?

You and I know the answer to that one, don't we?

Walkin, gave up praying to an invisible person.

• Walkin
    Walkin

Btw. I gave that public talk "Prayers that are answered by God" a few times back in the day.

Walkin

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Well...This one time at band camp...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I prayed that the cooks at Brooklyn Bethel would learn how to make coffee and decent eggs.

It didn't happen.

Morning Worship was awful. 7 AM at a table of people you cannot stand, with gross eggs and weak coffee.

Truly, it was God's Organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit