Have you ever tried/would you try hypnotherpy?

by highdose 18 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

tried it liked it, worked for a while but not long term, but then i never finished the course. so i'll never know if finishing would have done the trick.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I went to a couple. First one did zilch for me. Second one was better. In fact, i was going so deep that he hit the couch i was on to keep me from going too far. Thing is though, even though i was in an altered mind state, i could have stopped it at any time, got up and left. I had been practicing meditation at the time, and it's quite similar.

Try to get one that you feel comfortable w. Tell him what you want to do and where you want to go. Ask him if he will help you do that.

S

• minimus
    minimus

I just wanna know my future.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I just wanna know my future.

I predict that one day you will stop breathing, your heart will stop beating, and you will lose conscious thought.

• changeling
    changeling

I would. :)

• blondie
    blondie

I can't be hypnotized...it's been tried.

• Balsam
    Balsam

My husband went and did the hypnotherapy for stopping smoking. It worked beautifully and withdraw. But I've known others who did it but was only quiting because the doctor said so and didn't want to quite and didn't succeed.

I went for hypnotherapy for weight loss and it did help. But a benefit that it gave was leaving my body totally pain free for the entire day which never happens because of arthritis. I can totally see the benefit of using hypnotherapy and the demon stuff is total baloney perpetrated by uneducated dubs.

Ruth

• zagor
    zagor

Hypnosis happens all the time. Every time you watch a commercial and feel the need to actually buy something stop for a moment and ask yourself why, how come 30 seconds ago you never had the same need? When watching a movie ask yourself why is it that your body and emotion react to what you are seeing there as if it were real. In fact, advanced sales people use conversational hypnosis where without trance you actually feel deep need to follow their suggestions. Ever stopped for a moment to ask yourself why? Google it mate. Ever had a phone call, a text, a letter or an email from a girlfriend who after a series of weird, out of character experiences started to blame you for everything and you felt that feeling 'ok that's it' what you maybe didn't realize that knowingly or by accident she just planted a post-hypnotic suggestion into your mind. She decided, for whatever reason, she didn't want to go any further with that relationship and now just programmed your mind to make a clean cut in confidence you would never come back. Heck it has been used by Holliwood so much that one would think people would already take a notice, but apparently not. (Does "how to lose a guy in 10 days" ring a bell? lol, or take any other similar movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVns_QUtTxA)

And now you are protesting you were never hypnotised. Actually you were. You took up the story somebody else created for you, you ran with it as if it was reality and the funny thing about our mind is that we often can't distinquish reality from misdirection of someone playing on biases, and stereotypes that are ALREADY ESTUBLISHED in our minds, already planted shell we say. In fact to top it all off, wtbs theocratic school teaches conversational hypnosis methods all the time. Heck, it took researching advanced Ninpo material and lots of observing to actually realize what had been used on me. What do you think avarage Joe or Jill know when they've been swept by hypnotic methods? It hardly gets noticed, in fact unless they had specialized training in related field most will say what they saw was absolute reality and it was their own will that made decison (yeah right), becaused it tickled something profound in us, our sub-conscious underpinnings.

But don't worry about therapy, all hypnosis does is reaching into your sub-conscious. If done by a doctor it will only reveal what's already there without planting anything. If want to know more at least read something form either Milton Erickson or maybe something from Stanislav Graf e.g psychology of the future. It just might reveal something very profound and also stop you from making bad decisions in future ;)

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I've never been hypnotized, but only because I didn't want to spend the money on it. I would do it though.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit