Enough with the favorite songs

by JeffT 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Tristram
    Tristram

Marcy Playground "Sex and Candy"

Thank you! I couldn't stand this song when it came out (mid-90's?) and it was played to death by the new "alternative" stations that were popping up everywhere. I thought it was lazy and boring (still do.)

Then it was named one of the "100 Best Songs of the 90's" by VH1. Aaaaargh!

• nelly136
    nelly136

anything leona lewis, mariah carey, james blunt, micheal booglea or whatever his name is, brian adams robin hood song, rhianna who sounds the same no matter what she sings. just asked littlun and she said loads make me scream 'turn it over' when shes on the music channels.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Easy listening of any ilk

Maria Carey or any other high pitched woman singer sounds like fingernails on a blackboard

County music -bleh barf

most 60s music

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

That Celine Dion song from Titanic. Actually, anything from Celine Dion.

Sugar, Sugar by The Archies

Shiny Happy People by REM

Jesus is Just Alright by The Doobie Brothers

The Reason by Hoobastank

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I almost forgot about Delilah by Great White Plains. The most wretched song in recent memory.

• dissed
    dissed

Jeff T

This is a terrible and sadistic thread!!!!!! **

Do you realize we may have to walk away from this, sentenced to actually replaying these tunes in our head. Almost like we are in one of those 'ironic' hells????!!!!!!

Hum them and weep......***

1. Macarana

2. Achy breaky heart

3. I love candy

4. 'She's always a women to me' ?? Billy Joel

5. We love you Beatles, yeah, yeah, yeah!

** Is your father Satan the Devil?

*** Disclaimer. Not responsible for any damage caused to your brain by repeatedly huming these songs over and over again.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I almost forgot about Delilah by Great White Plains. The most wretched song in recent memory.

I meant, Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.

• Mary
    Mary

1. The Logical Song (Supertramp). I probably hate this one because my brother played it 24-7 when we were kids.
    2. Long Cool Woman In a Black Dress by the Hollies.
    3. Da-da-da (remember this from the 80s? Totally stupid song)
    4. We've Got Tonight (Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton.....I love the original by Bob Seger by this one just sucks)
    5. Can't Help Falling in Love(Corey Hart's version---OMG---worst version ever.....sorry----no one should even attempt to try and upstage Elvis's version)
  • undercover
    undercover

I quit listening to corporate radio some time ago, so I don't even know what's playing on pop stations these days. I find Internet stations that I like and stick to finding new and interesting music (or sometimes re-discovering music from eras gone - like real country music).

So, in answer to the original question, What are the ones ... that make you want to pull the gun out from under the seat and shoot the radio in your car?

Almost all of them. Corporate radio is a vast wasteland of untalented pablum.

• AwSnap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit