"Obeying The Slave"----Only In Watchtower Land Could A "Slave" Have More Prominence

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Syl, I knew if I talked about a slave, you'd respond.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Therefore, the only way they think they can get any respect, is through sheer force of their message: Obey us or pay the consequences.

Very poignant statement Mary and true.

And being a slave to the master brings in the money for which they live off of.

Quite a discerning arrangement is it not ?

A corporation of decisive corruption.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, The Faithful & Discreet Slave is just a Corporation.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

For those of us who are out, it occurs to me now, after some years, how stupid this phraseology is. It's all exegesis of course, all religions do it. Despite all the noise and volume produced by the GB on the matter, their explanation of why they have authority (a maze of unrelated scriptures and circumstances, relating MT 24:45-47 to Acts 15?? WTF???) is to most normal people, ridiculous on its face!

Let me demonstrate: I was at the door in Field Service one afternoon, (wating my time) and got someone who evidentally was familiar with the JW authority structure. He asked about the faithful slave, and I showed him the scripture. He said to me "Is that all you got?" He laughed and closed the door.

He could very well have been an apostate with that reaction, as I look back. However, the truth is, thats all the GB has, that and all their bullshit lies.

• minimus
    minimus

The Fictious Slave is more like it!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The GB goes out of their way to appear pious and humble. They are very clever actually. They realize that to have control, it is better to rule through deluded men at various levels. Thus you have, the Service Dept, DO's, CO's, Elders, and MS's.

They must laugh their ass off at all the men who come across as so important, when they know what really goes on, and who controls it all. And on top of it all, they act like a slave, a servant, to the flock, as if they have given up the most. Anyone who has seen the GB up close knows just how much they have given up gained. Read Ray Franz's description in CoC.

Sure, they don't have "personal" wealth. But you don't need it when you have a corporate bank account and expense at your control, the ability to travel practically anwhere on a whim. They get all the furntiture and electronics they could want, clothes, prestige, fame, influence.

Yup, introducing your "slave", the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The "Faithful Slave" teaching, or doctrine, is actually what got me to start thinking. Couple years ago, I was at the District Convention, and David Splane was one of the closing speakers on the final day. Between the irritated child in the next row annoying me, and thinking about the drive home, Bro. Splane made a comment that hit me. He stated,"the friends appreciated the mercy we've shown in elimating the book study arrangement." I cannot recall his words exactly, but this is close enough. The Book Study has always been a sore point for me, but the way he described the elimination of it, as "their mercy", infuriated me. I wanted to stand up and yell at the top of my lungs. If I could have got close enough to him without causing a scene later, I would have approached him, and possibly hurt him.

Later that year, or the next, we had a Watchtower study that focused on the the food that the slave has provided. I know, I know, every study does that. This one was different however. Maybe someone can find Blondie's review of it.(I've been lurking that long!! Feel like I know Blondie personally." In this particular lesson, the question was asked regarding ones who have left JW's, and whether or not they've found adequette spiritual food to replace what they left behind. The answer was, "They have not, because there is none to be found!" I remember looking around at the audience in the hall that morning, wondering if anybody elses Spidey senses went off too. Comments such as that are strictly damage control designed explicitly for the dumb and hoodwinked.

I've researched the parable, even in the Society's own literature, and there's nothing to support the type of emphasis they place on it as applying to them as something prophetic in nature. It was a parable, a illustration, nothing more, nothing less. How other JWs don't see it for what it is, is mind boggling. I lose sleep thinking about how my parents or anybody else fell for this nonsense. How several random Medicare aged men in New York can have total control over several million people based off of the misapplication of a parable is beyond comprehension to me.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    David Splane was one of the closing speakers on the final day. Between the irritated child in the next row annoying me, and thinking about the drive home, Bro. Splane made a comment that hit me. He stated,"the friends appreciated the mercy we've shown in elimating the book study arrangement." I cannot recall his words exactly, but this is close enough. The Book Study has always been a sore point for me, but the way he described the elimination of it, as "their mercy", infuriated me.

In getting to know a bit about Splane, I can say that is a lame attempt at a joke on his part. Regardless, it just goes to show the disconnect the GB has with their flock.

They really have no clue. Not that they need to. Must be nice to be in charge of a cult.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Splane was a speaker! OMG!

Did he levitate?

The Oracle

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. exploits and manipulates the bible just as well as the they do the people that believe in them and thats no illusion thats reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit